SASS Wire Forum

Some Space Progress., not related to Space Force

Utah Bob #35998

Paring down possessions from a two to a single family house has plagued me. One one the things I realized is that I have enough dishes, silverware, and glasses to supply the entire town if I ever had a party. Which I won’t. The glasses took up an entire cupboard. I ran out of liquor storage space.

So I’m getting an overhead rack for the wine glasses which will free up room in one cupboard. Used to have one years ago.

I have now organized the booze by continent. Europe on the left and N. America on the right. I still have to cull the glasses in the left side a bit to only necessary ones and store the rest. I already got a custom bar mat. Now all I need is a neon honky tonk sign. (Not a Budweiser one!) :rolleyes:

Of course now the dining room table is full of wine glasses until the rack comes in.
I suppose I could throw everything out except a Mason jar….

370D6DB2-334E-4618-BD67-79CBEFE9065D.jpeg

1DBEA6F2-4579-45F8-B21D-CA75CA46E7E6.jpeg

11B629F1-24F0-4623-BBB9-FCCA79DF24E0.jpeg

Bob, I'm still cleaning out stuff from when Shawna died 6 1/6 years ago.  It never ends.  My house is easily twice as big as I really need and has a very big shop building out back....and I'm really working at finding room for everything.  That's after selling, donating, or just throwing away a couple of truck loads, including around fifteen guns that I simply didn't need and had no real honest reason for keeping.

Of course it hasn't helped that I bought more guns since then, either.

• Utah Bob #35998 changed the title to Some Space Progress., not related to Space Force

I too want to downsize. Chris' kids and grandkids have collected a lot and it barely made a dent.  Taking an RV full next year to the Grandkids that couldn't make it here for the memorial.

My biggest hurdle is that even if I sold everything a smaller house will come with a house payment twice a s big as what I'm paying now. I can afford it but it'll derail my retirement plans if I take on the additional debt. I desperately want to retire and do some traveling before my health prevents it. 

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I too want to downsize. Chris' kids and grandkids have collected a lot and it barely made a dent.  Taking an RV full next year to the Grandkids that couldn't make it here for the memorial.

My biggest hurdle is that even if I sold everything a smaller house will come with a house payment twice a s big as what I'm paying now. I can afford it but it'll derail my retirement plans if I take on the additional debt. I desperately want to retire and do some traveling before my health prevents it. 

Thanks to me wife’s  great money management skills everything is paid off. House, vehicles, tractor.  I can’t imagine taking on debt at this point. I would probably be able to move to a small place without a loan if I sold the ranch but I don’t thinkI’d be content anywhere else.

But who knows what the future holds.

54DFA6A9-0555-4676-814A-25AA933A1A6B.jpeg

AE2C10B8-025E-453A-816B-2210E251C1CF.jpeg

087CDD37-3939-4FBD-BF3A-7D3D905285BA.jpeg

C31934E5-2B6F-4892-AB78-EF0306ACA5D7.jpeg

109714F6-7D8A-40AE-B2FE-B44454A87E39.jpeg

0EE6FAD2-8190-47D0-A59E-5EC1D90198FC.jpeg

Doing a lot of sorting and donating here as well.

Big Red and I have tentatively decide to stay on here, even though it is pretty large for the two of us, but we like the place.

Lots of features we want to keep and now we are adding more. 

Archived