SASS Wire Forum

Drafted? Not me!!

Utah Bob #35998

From Business Insider. 

Pranksters called the son of a senior Kremlin official and told him that he was being enlisted in the army and must fight in Ukraine, and he responded by trying to get out of being drafted.

The hosts of the Russian YouTube channel Popular Politics called the 32-year-old son of Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary of Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday.

The pranksters, who pretended to be recruitment officers, told the 32-year-old Nikolay Peskov that he has been drafted into the army and needed to attend a medical examination the following day.

"Obviously not!" the younger Peskov told the pranksters, according to a video shared by independent Russian news website The Insider. "You must understand it is not right for me to be there. I have to resolve this on a different level."

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I wonder what their maximum age to be drafted is.  Might could be he falls outside that age bracket.  Although if he is in the Reserve he might be subject to recall. 

His exemption starts with 'Do you know who my father is... "

And ends with 'Hold one minute, Vladimir wants to have a word."

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I wonder what their maximum age to be drafted is.  Might could be he falls outside that age bracket.  Although if he is in the Reserve he might be subject to recall. 

He’s not going to get called up. No matter what.

15 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Or he buys a quick plane ticket to Latvia! :ph34r:

As long as his daddy stays on Vlad’s good side he’s fine.

16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Putin recently signed a law — depending on the reporting, the upper age limit is now 65, or ‘of normal working age’, that is, no limit specified. 

3 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Putin recently signed a law — depending on the reporting, the upper age limit is now 65, or ‘of normal working age’, that is, no limit specified. 

The way this thing is going for Russia right now, they'll take any warm body.....blind, crippled or crazy.

WAIT, that last one would put Vlad on the front lines.

Archived