SASS Wire Forum

North Carolina State Championship "The Great Carolina Gold Rush"

Noah Fitz

The Great Carolina Gold Rush, load your bullets and pack your bags cowboys are rushing to North Carolina to get in on the action. November 3-5

The application and info can be found on our website.

https://sassnccowboys.com/

states coming.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Got my application ready to mail. Do I need to overnight it?

No need to overnight it just send by mail

I don't see Petey on the list yet but he says we'll be there - save us a spot near Joe & Cat.  You need help with anything I'm good for @ match or earlier in the week, just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

I know I saw the posse list somewhere, but now I can't find it!!!

Me, either, & Petey STILL wasn't on it last time I saw it.  But Noah Fitz will take care of us.  See you there!

On 11/2/2022 at 11:09 PM, MizPete said:

Me, either, & Petey STILL wasn't on it last time I saw it.  But Noah Fitz will take care of us.  See you there!

I looked for you ALL DAY!!!!!! Are you OK???

FCS: sorry for the lack of resonse.  I had no wifi on the range.  But we finally connected so you know.  Thank you for caring & I do not doubt you meant what you said.

Am I here with the first review?  So be it.

Back in the day we had some fine NC State matches.  We had a dedicated, hardworking, and imaginative bunch of steel monkeys & prop painters (I still own a Tshirt bearing every possible color of paint because I was willing but not good at it).  But, as far as I am concerned, we may as well retire the trophy after Stonefire Slim & his posse got through with it.  His theme was Carolina Gold Rush & every berm reflected it in amazing detail (i.e., the lanterns in the mine shaft actually lit up with what looked like fire).  The badges were the best ever - reflected the theme beautifully + you could read the shooter's name.   I hope pictures will be posted when everybody gets safely home.

To a non-shooter but longtime peripheral participant, the stages looked simple but not BOR-ING.  Posse matrix was exemplary - one posse finished, another walked on.  This shows skillful planning.  One posse wound up short because a bloc didn't show, but I'm told the management provided a scorekeeper + another designated helper & it ran like clockwork.  This is SUPER management of events.

Posse 2: I have no issue with the PosseM's (posse 2) awarding the SOG to Earl E Bird.  But there were two other candidates who should be recognized: 1) Dingo Dave.  Anybody who Stage DQ's himself... 2) Watch'emall (aka Laura Johnson).  She worked her  behind off while I sat around & wrote down numbers.  If anybody wonders, she's every bit as good a scorekeeper as y'all seem to think I am.

And I cannot now or ever express my gratitude to everyone for all the support, hugs, prayers, and general good vibes I received.  Y'all just don't know how much that means to me at this difficult time.

Recap:  Best NC State Match EVER.

Great match, very creative props, nice banquet.  Thanks to everyone that helped put it on.  Posse 1 rocked!  Congrats to all of the clean shooters, NC State winners, category and overall winners. 

Roper

The props and layout of the stages were outstanding ! The stages were well written and really fun to shoot and on top of that the cowboys and cowgirls were all great. It's nice to go to a match and meet new friends and shoot with people you only get to see in videos. Everyone should put this match on their must-shoot list.

Amen to EVERYTHING Miz Pete said!! It was a great match. @Noah Fitz took on the thankless job of Match Director when times were tough and in three years (I think) turned it into a MUST attend match! The two flight system worked well.  Lots of good southern hospitality encouraged a whole BUNCH of Yankee folk to attend! PA, NJ, NY, VA, DE, GA, FL, SC, TN, KY, NC, OH, IN were all represented…maybe more. 

lastly, the Top Hand Award for above and beyond hard work for the match went to Candice B Real.  She works tirelessly and without fanfare or glory for the match ALL YEAR LONG! I bet she’s got a spreadsheet outline for 2023 already. Good for you, Candice! Super proud of you! 

Posse One was small but MIGHTY! Mighty fun and mighty wonderful!! :D

Put me down as a sponsor/vendor for 2023! I’ve already got the match on my calendar.

Hugs Hugs Hugs!!

Scarlett

On 10/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, Yazoo City Gal said:

Another application heading your way :D.  

So glad you came!!! LOVED shooting with you!!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Everyone in our group had a terrific time.  I was blown away by the response to my little Stitches in Time vending tent.  We're already planning to return next year.  
The scenarios were great and all those nice decorative touches to the stage design were the best I've seen. The host hotel was excellent and very conveniently located.  The venue for the banquet was perfect and the food was delicious.  We made a bunch of new friends and reconnected with a few others that had moved south - some we had hoped to see and one was a very pleasant surprise.
Thank you Noah, and everyone else on the committee for all your hard work. 

Thanks to all who worked so very hard to put on a great NC State match.

Liked the stages. Great for Gunfighters. No stinkers or P traps.

Liked the waterworks props. That took extra work. The decorations everywhere were also good.

And so on. Will be back.

Archived