SASS Wire Forum

7.62 Minigun vs gun safe

Chantry

gun safes being secure is an illusion.  An inspired thief can enter the sides with a saw. Everyone looks at the door and thinks, yup no one can get into this.

Most safes offer limited fire protection. But no actual burglary protection. You need to buy a safe rated for fire and burglaries.

How often do they change the barrels on a mini-gun?

It does buy "signs of forcible entry" protection.

Then file police report and an insurance claim.

Just like the deadbolt on my front door, easily breached. More so for the window next to the door.

"Real" safes are much more difficult to breach and much more expensive. What we buy at hardware stores and gun shops are technically "Residential Security Cabinets."

With a battery operated grinder it wouldn't take long to cut around the door and you're in! But better than a closet I think.

This is a friends safe that was in their garage. burglars broke in to the garage, closed the doors and went to work using the hand tools on site.

ChaChassafe-1.webp

My buddy had a burglary and fire rated safe.  We were at a shoot and when he got home thieves had cut a hole in the side of his house and had taken the whole safe.  What is especially disturbing is that none of the neighbors "noticed" anything and did not call the police.  

9 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Nothing stopping thieves from breaking in and putting a gun to your head to make you open the safe either.

That is why I sit in my living room wearing a titanium lined football helmet.  Then they will have to deal with my Pomeranian attack dog.

Most morons don’t have the brains to figure out how to break into a safe even if the tools are staged for them. 

No one commented on the video. :blink:

Well, UB did. 

37 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Most morons don’t have the brains to figure out how to break into a safe even if the tools are staged for them. 

No one commented on the video. :blink:

Well, UB did. 

Pretty sure that if they try to break into a gun safe using a mini gun, the neighbors and police are going to hear them

Guns that are stolen from homes are rarely from a good safe. Usually a gun cabinet, cheesy thin Stackon locker, out of closets, under the bed, or the nightstand. Burglars want to hit quick and get out. Breaking into a safe is time consuming and loud.

I liked the video where they shot at 10 lined up safes with a 76mm Sherman

Archived