SASS Wire Forum

Is National Match ammo still available on the civilian market?

Alpo

Novel.

At the crime scene they pick up a few dozen Israeli 9 mm cases and 50 something US 5.56 cases, and one Lake City National Match 7.62 case.

And then make a big thing about that. "National Match ammo is only available to the army marksmanship team and to Special Forces snipers."

And I was thinking that back in the mid 70s I was buying National Match ammo at a pawn shop, because it was $2 a box and Remington was $6 a box.

So I was curious if they have tightened up on the availability of National Match ammunition, or if this was simply another case of the author blowing smoke because he didn't know what he was writing about.

It's available.  I recently saw a collection of several hundred rounds of 30-06 sell.  I have a couple hundred rounds of '06 brass, and a little more 308 brass that could be easily reloaded.

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

At the crime scene they pick up a few dozen Israeli 9 mm cases and 50 something US 5.56 cases, and one Lake City National Match 7.62 case.

What you're not getting is that one victim was shot a few dozen times with a 9mm, and another shot 50 times with a 5.56, but the third only needed ONE 7.62. :P

15 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

What you're not getting is that one victim was shot a few dozen times with a 9mm, and another shot 50 times with a 5.56, but the third only needed ONE 7.62. :P

Actually at the crime scene there were seven bodies.

One had been shot with 9 mm. The other six all had 9 mm subguns. Four of them had been shot with 5.56, and the other two had been headshot with 7.62x51. And one of the four that had been shot with 5.56 had also been stabbed a few times. None of the 5.56 or 7.62 shooters, alive or dead, had been left at the scene.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Actually at the crime scene there were seven bodies.

One had been shot with 9 mm. The other six all had 9 mm subguns. Four of them had been shot with 5.56, and the other two had been headshot with 7.62x51. And one of the four that had been shot with 5.56 had also been stabbed a few times. None of the 5.56 or 7.62 shooters, alive or dead, had been left at the scene.

Reading W.E.B Griffin's 'The Hunters'?

Archived