SASS Wire Forum

Aaron Judge ties Ruth's HR record

Rye Miles #13621

That young man is what kids should want to be!  Maris was understated and quiet when he broke Ruth’s record. No big chest thumping “Look at Me!” bloviating bragging. Judge is the same.  Last night, even as the media was ballyhooing his accomplishment, he stepped back and told them that this was Giancarlo Stanton’s moment. Stanton had just hit a grand slam home run to win the game and Judge said that that was more important!

I hope he stays with the Yankees!  It’s where he belongs!!  I also hope that he gets huge money!  Guys like that don’t come along very often and should be rewarded and celebrated!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

That young man is what kids should want to be!  Maris was understated and quiet when he broke Ruth’s record. No big chest thumping “Look at Me!” bloviating bragging. Judge is the same.  Last night, even as the media was ballyhooing his accomplishment, he stepped back and told them that this was Giancarlo Stanton’s moment. Stanton had just hit a grand slam home run to win the game and Judge said that that was more important!

I hope he stays with the Yankees!  It’s where he belongs!!  I also hope that he gets huge money!  Guys like that don’t come along very often and should be rewarded and celebrated!!

I agree 100%, guys like Judge are rare in this day and age. 

14 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

But Maris hit 61 in the 162th game, Ruth had 60 in a 154 game season.

Yep and Judge got there the fastest. 15 games left!

10 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Wouldn't it be great if he got 74 in those last games...

10 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Yes and beat the Steroid boy!!

Archived