SASS Wire Forum

Were are the Heroes

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

I am surprised that so many of these old folks are still around and at how many can still sing so much better that today's stars.

And he's right in this song: we don't have many heroes any more.  I was always a Red Ryder fan myself.

There's many real life Heroes, but as a child and those I grew up with, and played with, we emulated those on the silver screen. No one wanted to be the bad guy, so we flipped penny's. 

We emulated those wearing white hats, and caught the bad guys at the end, saving the maiden, the ranch, the cattle, or the town and its people. Its how we wanted to grow up.

In todays world and what's shown on the screens, shows bad guys getting away, many times with a fortune, or committing crimes he'll never have to pay for, and the youngsters see it now in real life, not having to serve time.

Yes, there are real Heroes that will never make the screens or be written about. But its TV and Movies that help influence the youngsters, and sadly, there are no more Silver screen heroes for them as there were for us.

For many of us, it was the TV and Movie Cowboys that helped shape us, and shaped many real life Heroes.

Archived