SASS Wire Forum

Georgetown Professor On AR-15

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/georgetown-professor-ar-15-commonly-owned-and-incredibly-popular

For example, English confirmed that 81.4 million own guns, a third of them have used a weapon to defend themselves or their property in 1.6 million incidents per year, and 52% of those who own a gun carry one for self-defense at times.

At the end of the day, it is a rifle that I think is very easy to shoot, it's very easy to control, not a lot of recoil. I could see it also kind of being like an updated .22 for, in terms of plinking, a firearm you can kind of do a little bit of everything with: lightweight, intuitive, but high-performance, accurate, and easy for defense. It certainly has advantages there. So it’s a good gun, and to see it become widely owned, I suppose, makes sense in that context,” said English.

Now a Prohibited firearm in Canada, along with over 1500 "Variants"

Make sure you hang onto your 2nd amendment rights. 

Depending on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 9th appeals courts it could take 4-5 years to shit can AWB's & magazine limits.  The residents of CA or WA will probably have to wait 4-5 years to get to fully exercise their 2A rights; because, the 9th Circus court of appeals has a majority of justices who ignore SCOTUS 2A jurisprudence.  The 9th in Young used HI law from when HI was a monarchy to uphold State of HI may issue carry laws.  The 9th ignored the elephant in the room when it ruled CA's may issue law in Peruda.  When Peruda was heard at 3 judge appeal CA still had quasi open carry.  By the time the an banc panel heard it CA had banned open carry.  The opinion relied on 19th century court cases re open carry where the people could carry openly.  The elephant in the room is the majority ignored the fact that CA residents needed state permission to open carry; so, the presidents they cited didn't apply.

You can infer from the fact that the 9th Circus referred to the circuit court the 9th Circus 2A cases appealed to SCOTUS that were vacated after NYSRPA v Bruen opinion was published.  The 9th Circus was certainly capable of reviewing the cases using Thomas's unambiguous instructions on testing 2A infringement's constitutionality.  Their actions are an obvious sandbagging effort.  My hope is when a court of appeals rules to uphold an infringement that clearly ignores Bruen that SCOTUS will dispose of using the "Rocket Docket".  I don't know how granting cert would allow SCOTUS to clarify Bruen.  NY AG's brief re the case challenging NY's new CC law will sway a self respecting federal judge.  The history the AG cited are clearly RACIST.  I expect the plaintiffs rebuttal brief & will easily point this out & recently I saw a picture from mid 1800's NYC of passengers on a street car open carrying handguns.  Also, how did public transit suddenly become a "Sensitive Location" after Bruen; because, pre Bruen those fortunate to have a NYPD issued CC license could carry on public transit?

I was listening to a pod cast recently and they mentioned that states with restrictive cc issue laws tended to have few restricted places.  The reasoning presented was that you didn’t need to control where people carried as it was easier to control who could carry.  Also since the connected could carry you didn’t want to be the officer who told them they couldn’t carry someplace.  The end result is places like new York didn’t have a lot of prohibited places to carry.  

20 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Depending on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 9th appeals courts it could take 4-5 years to shit can AWB's & magazine limits.  The residents of CA or WA will probably have to wait 4-5 years to get to fully exercise their 2A rights

The local gun stores here in WA are very low on inventory. When I asked why one store told me they expected the magazine ban to be overturned, so they didn't want to get stuck with an inventory of guns with 10-round magazines. It made no sense to me because I haven''t heard or read anything which implies that the mag ban will be overturned anytime soon, if ever.

SCOTUS told the 9th to revisit their mag restriction ruling from last year

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2022-06-30/supreme-court-gun-cases-reconsider

Now that's a Ca ban but if the 9th rolls then WA will likely adjust before they get sued

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The local gun stores here in WA are very low on inventory. When I asked why one store told me they expected the magazine ban to be overturned, so they didn't want to get stuck with an inventory of guns with 10-round magazines. It made no sense to me because I haven''t heard or read anything which implies that the mag ban will be overturned anytime soon, if ever.

See Texas Joker's post.  Like I said in my post I predict that Bruen is not the Two by Four that will change the 9th's majority's passive aggressive behavior.  The SCOTUS majority should use their disciplinary powers to sanction the 9th's rogue justices.

Archived