SASS Wire Forum

Thoughts about the Quantum Leap reboot?

sassnetguy50

Does not start for another half-hour here in Arizona.  I was just going to start the new season of Cobra Kai but will wait and watch Quantum Leap JUST so I can give you a reivew.

Doesn't look too bad. The one thing that stood out though, was that they didn't seem to know anything about the guy that he leaped into. In the original, whoever Sam leaped into was leaped into HIS body back at their lab. 

I'm going to keep watching.

When they make these reboots sometimes it is hard to recapture the original magic.  While waiting for the show to start and watching the first episode it occurred to me that 30 years ago I did not think the original had much magic to start with.  I can't remember but in the original did the guy doing all the leaping not know who he was?  At any rate the only improvement might be technology.  They did not have CGI when the orignal came out.  Despite that I probably won't be a fan.  Back to Cobra Kai, a reboot that turned out pretty good.

I read a review that said that the original shows pilot let you start figuring things out on your own with just a little explanation. It got right into the story. The new pilot assumes viewers are now dumber and need their hands held to understand anything so they don't have much time left for that episodes story.

But they hope that after the pilot things will improve and had some positive things to say.

Archived