SASS Wire Forum

Australia

Utah Bob #35998

Here‘s a program about Aussie customs and immigration.  Are several cases but the one that had me yelling was Richard, the American.

He was not smuggling anything but what a Class A, smarta**, arrogant, jerk! :angry:

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Here‘s a program about Aussie customs and immigration.  Are several cases but the one that had me yelling was Richard, the American.

He was not smuggling anything but what a Class A, smarta**, arrogant, jerk! :angry:

Blocked here in Canada.

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Richard the professional bum. Learned his trade in the utopia of San Francisco. :wacko:

I've only watched about a third of it. When she asked him how I plan to live, and he explained that he was a good person, and good people tend to run into other good people who will help you - yeah, I was thinking bum.

But when she asked him about his other skills that would come in handy, and wanted him to explain that, and he invited her out for a cup of coffee - well that's when I decided he was a whore.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Blocked here in Canada.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

What a bummer it's blocked in Oz as well :(

Try searching youtube for "Border Security: Australia" Appears to be an Australian TV Series.

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I've only watched about a third of it. When she asked him how I plan to live, and he explained that he was a good person, and good people tend to run into other good people who will help you - yeah, I was thinking bum.

But when she asked him about his other skills that would come in handy, and wanted him to explain that, and he invited her out for a cup of coffee - well that's when I decided he was a whore.

Changed my mind. He is not a bum but a professional leech. Lives off the hard work of others.

Who pays for the deportation?

If we had someone that came up from Tijuana to San Diego, and the customs people decided that he was not here for a vacation but was actually coming up here to pick grapes, or for some other illegal reason, so they going to send him back to Mexico. They put him on a bus. Cost maybe 10 bucks.

This jerk flies into Australia, and they decide they don't want him so they got to get him out of their country. Now I suppose they could take him a mile or so offshore and kick him over the side let the great whites take care of him. But more than likely they would put him on a plane and send them back to where he came from. Australia pay for that or would they make us pay for it?

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Who pays for the deportation?

If we had someone that came up from Tijuana to San Diego, and the customs people decided that he was not here for a vacation but was actually coming up here to pick grapes, or for some other illegal reason, so they going to send him back to Mexico. They put him on a bus. Cost maybe 10 bucks.

This jerk flies into Australia, and they decide they don't want him so they got to get him out of their country. Now I suppose they could take him a mile or so offshore and kick him over the side let the great whites take care of him. But more than likely they would put him on a plane and send them back to where he came from. Australia pay for that or would they make us pay for it?

Leech and amateur con man. They said he flew in fro San Fran which is normal for flights down under. Either that or LAX. He coulda been from anywhere. I would have enquired who paid for his ticket. 
And I believe Oz foots the bill for his flight back. Hopefully they put him on a FedEx jet or one that has 6 stops. I don’t usually yell at the tv any more but……..:angry:

I think it's the airlines problem?

I got this from a search on Australian laws.

The IATA Ticketing Handbook sets out the procedure for inadmissible passengers in Section 2.23.13.2.

The Handbook is in copyright so I shall paraphrase, however it is not too difficult to find online if you want to read the original wording.

The final inbound airline is responsible for ticketing the inadmissible passenger to whatever place advised by the authorities. It should obtain payment in the following order:

1. If the passenger already has an outbound ticket (on any carrier) to the place specified by the authorities, then that ticket may be used immediately. Any restrictions preventing immediate use of the ticket (such as minimum stay, change fees, restriction to a specific airline, etc) should be ignored. The ticket should be revalidated (changed) by the final inbound airline and imprinted with the words "RESTRICTIONS WAIVED DUE TO INAD" in the endorsements box (to explain the situation to other carriers).

2. If there are unflown flight coupons remaining on the inbound ticket, the final inbound airline may appropriate these flight coupons and use their value towards payment of a new outbound ticket. (Again, the ticketing airline may disregard any endorsements or restrictions on those coupons.) The word "INAD" must be appended to the passenger's name on the new ticket.

3. If the passenger does not have a return ticket or the value of the unflown coupons does not cover the transportation costs, then the final inbound carrier is responsible for collecting the fare due for the outbound journey from the passenger.

4. If the final inbound carrier is unable to collect the fare due for the outbound journey from the passenger, that carrier is still responsible for issuing the outbound ticket. The cost of the outbound ticket is shared between all the carriers who offered carriage on the continuous journey from the point of origin on the ticket (or the last stopover, if there was one), to the place where entry was refused. The sharing is pro-rated by mileage, so the final carrier won't pay much if it just operated a short leg on a much longer itinerary.

5. However, if the final inbound carrier was technically incapable of issuing the onward ticket, then another inbound carrier may issue it instead; but the final inbound carrier is then responsible to the ticketing carrier for the full transportation cost (it isn't shared).

I am already fed up with mooches, leeches, scum and manipulators. I don’t need to watch them in my home. I moved across country to get away from them. There are a few here but nowhere near the numbers in CA. 

Archived