SASS Wire Forum

Proud papa moment.

evil dogooder

We just finished regionals and I have to say I'm very proud of both my little monsters.

In a years time they have really improved.   My 12 year old son went from 50-60 seconds a stage to averaging 30s in his second year shooting.  Dipping to mid 20s from time to time. He cut off over 100 seconds from last year's match.

The biggest surprise is evils little angel.  My tiny little 9 year old buckerette.  She only had two misses this year.  She insists on shooting the same .38 loads I use, out of Blackhawks that are almost as big as she is.     She managed to drop 435 seconds from last year's time. Cutting over 35 seconds a stage in a year.  I wish I could have done that! 

I give it 2 years and I'll be the slowest in the family.  My wife is hitting low twenty's as well

Congratulations to your young'un's!  It is a lot of fun watching them pass you up!

You have every right to be proud. Brag it up. Also, cherish these times. For some reason they don't stop growing older. 

1 hour ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

And besides that...Mindy and the kids look better than you do

Have you seen him in his saloon girl getup?

It's a treat to watch them shoot.  Their safety consciousness is outstanding.

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Congratulations to the young ones and your wife.

They must have a good coach.

..........Widder

Yep... They see what I do and do the opposite.

By the way, Mindy's rifle work flawlessly. Thank you widder 

My little Shyster's Revenge and I are headed to his first regional next week,  Ambush in Alabama. He just turned 8 and the improvement in just 5 months has been amazing and a privilege to watch. I hope I'm around for many years to watch him continue. 

Keep up the good work Evil, these little ones are our future!!

JEL

Archived