SASS Wire Forum

Pronouns

Subdeacon Joe

It's a good thing I'm retired.

I think I'd be in trouble if I started referring to some "WOKE" thing as "IT".

On another board this girl told me that she was dog walking one day and this high school kid asked if he could "pet them". Said that puzzled her for a moment, because she only had one dog. But then realize that kids these days are taught not to say him and her but they and them.

Geez Louise

Right before I left my job some headquarters dipsh… woman asked me what pronoun I preferred in regards to myself on a big Teams meeting.
I felt a special kind of anger well up in me. 
I looked at my computer camera and I said “What the **** does what I do with my **** have anything to do with what the hell we are doing here in this useless ****ing meeting?”

SILENCE

I said “That’s what I thought. I am done here.” and I disconnected from the meeting. 

Damn that felt good. I do not miss that cesspool of dumbassery. 

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

On another board this girl told me that she was dog walking one day and this high school kid asked if he could "pet them". Said that puzzled her for a moment, because she only had one dog. But then realize that kids these days are taught not to say him and her but they and them.

Shows how old-fashioned I am, I was thinking of multiple items to pet and thought he should be slapped!  I never would have assumed that "he" meant a singular object.

Archived