SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Chief Rick

I need assistance articulating the correct response.  Does what I've posted make sense?

image.png.2f866ae653fb7a507a47f91cb27764ad.png

Stage instructions for the revolvers state to engage four targets with a continuous Nevada sweep.  Shooter draws first revolver and successfully engages the first four targets but the fifth round fails to fire.  The shooter declares “broke gun” and places the revolver on the table, draws second revolver and continues the shooting string with P3, finishing after 5-rounds on P3.  What’s the call?

ONE MISS

The unfired round (bad primer) does not count as the round did not go “downrange”.  The shooter has four choices in this scenario:

1) Re-engage the same target and reload the unfired chamber for the last target = NO penalty
2) Re-engage the same target and take the MISS on the last target of the shooting string instead.
3) Move on to the next target & NOT reload = MISS only for the unfired round.
4) Move on to the next target; reload & return to the skipped target = Procedural for HITTING the targets out of order (but no misses).

I've changed it to read as follows:

1) Re-engage P3 with the second revolver then reload the unfired chamber for the last target = NO penalty
2) Re-engage P3 with the second revolver and take the MISS on the last target of the shooting string instead.
3) Move on to P2 with the second revolver & NOT reload = MISS only for the unfired round.
4) Move on to P2 with the second revolver; then reload & return to P3 = Procedural for HITTING the targets out of order (but no misses).

Looking at the miss flowchart... And considering choice 2.

Did the shooter hit all of the correct type of targets?

No. Shooter was short one round due to bad gun. Assess Misses (1).

Were the targets hit in the correct order except for any misses?

Yes. No further call.

Miss flowchart:

https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/RO/Miss Flow Chart.pdf

The shooter has options.

1. Hit target 3 and continue, then reload one round to complete the string = no call

2. Hit target 3 and continue with no reload = Miss for unfired round

3 Skip target 3 and continue with no reload = Miss for unfired round

4 Skip target 3 and continue, then reload and hit target 3 = P

Regards

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

I need assistance articulating the correct response.  Does what I've posted make sense?

image.png.2f866ae653fb7a507a47f91cb27764ad.png

Stage instructions for the revolvers state to engage four targets with a continuous Nevada sweep.  Shooter draws first revolver and successfully engages the first four targets but the fifth round fails to fire.  The shooter declares “broke gun” and places the revolver on the table, draws second revolver and continues the shooting string with R3, finishing after 5-rounds on R3.  What’s the call?

ONE MISS

The unfired round (bad primer) does not count as the round did not go “downrange”.  The shooter has four choices in this scenario:

1) Re-engage the same target and reload the unfired chamber for the last target = NO penalty
2) Re-engage the same target and take the MISS on the last target of the shooting string instead.
3) Move on to the next target & NOT reload = MISS only for the unfired round.
4) Move on to the next target; reload & return to the skipped target = Procedural for HITTING the targets out of order (but no misses).

All 4 of your choices are correctly worded. 

22 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I don't see R3 in your diagram.  Do you mean P3?

Yes - should have been a "P". Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

If he shot R3 and other R targets those are misses.

Yep - I'll have to change that.  Should have been "P".

8 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

Yes - should have been a "P". Thank you.

Yep - I'll have to change that.  Should have been "P".

You probably took the wrong turn when you wrote "'r'evolver" instead of "'p'istol."

I forgive you, lest I not be forgiven for a similar typo.

Thank y'all.  I've modified it and showed the change in the first post.  We have some new and newer shooters and I want to be sure they can comprehend.

There's one more option, well a variant of option 1.   Draw second pistol and load a 6th round before engaging P3, and completing the remainder of the sweep. 

(Do not decock after loading that round)

Archived