SASS Wire Forum

Do you feel lucky?

Alpo

Very famous Dirty Harry quote. Just about everybody has said it at one time or another. And people constantly post the film clip, with the black bank robber laying on the ground and Harry asking him if he feels lucky.

That's near the front of the movie.

Near the back of the movie he has caught the serial killer. The serial killer is kneeling there on the dock, and the P38 is lying on the ground in front of him, and Harry does the whole "the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off" schtick, and this time the bad guy feels lucky and reaches for the gun and this time Harry's gun still had a round in it.

But no one ever posts that clip when they're talking about "do you feel lucky punk".

I wonder why?

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

Very famous Dirty Harry quote. Just about everybody has said it at one time or another. And people constantly post the film clip, with the black bank robber laying on the ground and Harry asking him if he feels lucky.

That's near the front of the movie.

Near the back of the movie he has caught the serial killer. The serial killer is kneeling there on the dock, and the P38 is lying on the ground in front of him, and Harry does the whole "the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off" schtick, and this time the bad guy feels lucky and reaches for the gun and this time Harry's gun still had a round in it.

But no one ever posts that clip when they're talking about "do you feel lucky punk".

I wonder why?

Except Harry missed his head and blew out a large chunk of his spine.

I think the actor who played the villain did a great job, and may have trashed his career worse than Bruce Dern in the Cowboys.  Anyone see him in other things?  I haven't gone to a movie house in ages, maybe more than a dozen years, and I don't use TV.  He may have he may have had a great career. Just curious.

10 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I think the actor who played the villain did a great job, and may have trashed his career worse than Bruce Dern in the Cowboys.  Anyone see him in other things?  I haven't gone to a movie house in ages, maybe more than a dozen years, and I don't use TV.  He may have he may have had a great career. Just curious.

His name is Andrew Robinson - check his IMDB; he never became a "star" but he has made a long career as an actor.

41 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I felt the same way about Malcolm McDowell, who played a really disturbing character in a really disturbing movie - A Clockwork Orange.  Never wanted to see him or the movie again. 

I had that movie playing at a Halloween Costume Party.  One guest came as an absolute ringer for the Malcolm McDowell character.  Some very tough and capable women freaked out and I had to turn off the video.  Who knew! The Clockwork thing wouldn't last long here unless they picked carefully.  Too many armed, unlike the UK even in that timeframe.

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

His name is Andrew Robinson - check his IMDB; he never became a "star" but he has made a long career as an actor.

I believe Mr. Robinson went on to be a Cardashian in Startrek Deep Space 9

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I felt the same way about Malcolm McDowell, who played a really disturbing character in a really disturbing movie - A Clockwork Orange.  Never wanted to see him or the movie again. 

and Mr McDowell was, I think, in a StarTrek movie ... (the one with both Kirk and Picard) .....

15 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I think the role did limit his career.  Many thanks for an interesting view back.

Andrew Robinson is a pacifist and was reluctant to play a role where he was a twisted psychopath. He even had to be coached on how to fire a gun convincingly, as he tended to close his eyes and flinch. Unfortunately for hm he ended up doing such a great job playing a psycho that he later said some people were actually afraid of him.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

He even had to be coached on how to fire a gun convincingly, as he tended to close his eyes and flinch.

Just useless trivia - but Mike Myers, when filming the Austin Powers franchise had the same issue - they finally made the choice to leave in his eye closed flinches as a character trait.

Archived