SASS Wire Forum

199 pounds

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Congratulations !

As for me and my weight loss program..................................

weight-loss-memes-600-chips.jpg

We are right on track!  200.4 this morning.  A few years ago Mernicle made me a set of holsters and a shotgun belt with two buckles.  So far I have been able to compensate for weight gains and losses.

DSC_0002.thumb.jpeg.a07283b1eebe99f840ccc818ddb50b35.jpeg

Well done. I have lost 60# in a year. Started out at 285, down to 225, 20 to 25 more to go. When I get there I might change my alias to Little Sage.LOL!

Way to go fellas.

Im down to around 230-235 from high of 255. shooting for 220. I got down to 208 in 2019 but was hungry and irritable all the time. 215-220 I feel healthy and content.

I dropped 30 lbs. the last couple of years and am back to College weight.  I've gotten to the point that I am often not hungry at meal time.  Since I don't want further weight loss, I have to eat anyway.  These things do come into balance most of the time.

I changed my diet a year and a half ago. Almost no carbs, hard boiled egg and fresh melon or fruit for breakfast, a small salad for lunch and dinner is pretty much normal....a small portion of meat, some veggies and fruit or salad. No deserts. But I still drink a beer now & then and a mixed drink when at a party or gathering of friends. I really don't feel hungry and will stay on this diet as it is pretty healthy. My weigh loss has averaged between 1 and 1 1/2 pounds per week.

Taking the keto burn and keto boosts supplements do curb my appetite along with at least 1/2 liter of water per hour.

I dropped 35 or so on keto in ‘19 pre surgery but 2 month recovery and sitting round gradually gained it back and then some.

I have a habit to binge eat under stress. Does not help.

3 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Well done. I have lost 60# in a year. Started out at 285, down to 225, 20 to 25 more to go. When I get there I might change my alias to Little Sage.LOL!

I'd keep it.

It correctly reflects your long tall shadow!

I get hungry about this time in the afternoon (3:00).  I had breakfast at 8:00 with eight ounces of a 50%/50% OJ and apple juice, and then a piece of buttered toast at noon.  I drink a lot of Crystal light sweet tea all through the day.

I can hold off until 5:00 or so and then have a larger meal.  Tonight it's going to be baked salmon and a small half cob of boiled corn with butter and salt and pepper.

At nine I'll have ONE Oreo or ONE small snack sized York's patty or 3 Musketeers, then head for bed at 10:00/10:20.

It works for me and isn't all that much of a burden.

I woke up Thursday and weighed 200 even.  I went to breakfast with a mob of cowboy shooters.  If I make a goal I reward myself.  I had a chicken fried steak with hash browns and toast, coffee and OJ.  I left most of it on the plate.  My stomach just doesn't need as much to satisfy me now. 

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I get hungry about this time in the afternoon (3:00).  I had breakfast at 8:00 with eight ounces of a 50%/50% OJ and apple juice, and then a piece of buttered toast at noon.  I drink a lot of Crystal light sweet tea all through the day.

I can hold off until 5:00 or so and then have a larger meal.  Tonight it's going to be baked salmon and a small half cob of boiled corn with butter and salt and pepper.

At nine I'll have ONE Oreo or ONE small snack sized York's patty or 3 Musketeers, then head for bed at 10:00/10:20.

It works for me and isn't all that much of a burden.

I woke up Thursday and weighed 200 even.  I went to breakfast with a mob of cowboy shooters.  If I make a goal I reward myself.  I had a chicken fried steak with hash browns and toast, coffee and OJ.  I left most of it on the plate.  My stomach just doesn't need as much to satisfy me now. 

Okay, I didn't make the salmon.  Had a grilled Swiss cheese on white bread with a lot if butter and a glass of sweet tea instead.  Lots easier than the salmon.  I'll save that for maybe tomorrow evening.  Of course being single I might opt for blueberry pancakes. filet mignon. of spaghetti and meatballs.  Clam chowder doesn't sound bad either.  :P

My sincere congratulations and admiration to anyone having success on their weight loss journey.

I wrestled and played football in high school and college at 180 to 200 lbs - in fairly good shape at that weight for my height and build.

Broke my ankles in college and with inactivity began putting on weight - weight plus injury put on more weight - by my 30's weighed over 350lbs.  

Carried that burden for nearly 20 years until a combination of factors combined; my father got ill, my marriage began falling apart and I lost my long time job.

Stress is a bad thing but can do wonders for weight loss - I dropped down to 225 lbs; obviously not the same musculature as college but closer to the same weight.

I maintained that for about 3 years; then I tore up my knee and again - inactivity added pounds; then last year Covid hit and sick weight dropped but quickly rebounded with gusto - and then I broke my wrists.  And more weight added.

I am currently at 270 and trying to get back into the mindset of weight loss - without the stress diet method.

I will get there again; I realize how much my life is better when Im lighter (diabetes, blood pressure, intimacy) but doggone this is hard.

congrats , im glad you are getting to where you want to be , ive not experienced the issue and i dont fully understand the difficulties but i do know the ramifications of not doing something when you can ,  

ive always been short and light [ have my own issues ] i have never been able to gain and keep weight on but that is why i dont fully understand your situation , 

• 3 weeks later...

I hit 182 this morning.  Lightest I've been since 1965 when I graduated from college and got married....not counting a bout with malaria in 1968 that knocked me down to about 165.  I gained a lot of that back before June of 1969.

Saw my doctor lady and she says it's time for me to start rebuilding some meat and muscle now.  I have an appointment with a Physical Therapist later this week.

On 9/18/2022 at 7:39 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

My sincere congratulations and admiration to anyone having success on their weight loss journey.

I wrestled and played football in high school and college at 180 to 200 lbs - in fairly good shape at that weight for my height and build.

Broke my ankles in college and with inactivity began putting on weight - weight plus injury put on more weight - by my 30's weighed over 350lbs.  

Carried that burden for nearly 20 years until a combination of factors combined; my father got ill, my marriage began falling apart and I lost my long time job.

Stress is a bad thing but can do wonders for weight loss - I dropped down to 225 lbs; obviously not the same musculature as college but closer to the same weight.

I maintained that for about 3 years; then I tore up my knee and again - inactivity added pounds; then last year Covid hit and sick weight dropped but quickly rebounded with gusto - and then I broke my wrists.  And more weight added.

I am currently at 270 and trying to get back into the mindset of weight loss - without the stress diet method.

I will get there again; I realize how much my life is better when Im lighter (diabetes, blood pressure, intimacy) but doggone this is hard.

You are a fighter. I expect you to get back on track sooner than later. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived