SASS Wire Forum

Miroku shotgun for cas

Blackhawk Bantry

Some additional identification would be useful as Miroku made lots of shotguns for different makers.  (For example, Browning, Charles Daly, Winchester)  Bottom line is that if a gun says made by Miroku it is usually excellent quality.

Miroku 500 is the most commonly imported of their side-bys.   Either with Miroku or Charles Daly names on them.   Excellent guns.   A better value than SKB Ithacas have become.   A little heavier, though.

good luck, GJ

My wife has an SKB.  I have a Browning BSS.  She prefers the SKB because it is lighter.  I prefer the BSS because it is heavier.  They are both quality shotguns.

As others have mentioned, I have two Charles Daly-Miroku made SXS's and they are indeed high quality shotguns.  I believe the model number is 500, but I'd have to look in the safe to be sure.  Both are 26" field barrels with extractors and I never had the heart to cut them down, but I used one for cowboy for many years and did pretty well with it.  Frankly, I'm not sure just how they might stack up against an SKB as questioned, but I'd bet they are at least as good overall and considering today's market they should be considerably less money.  Good luck and good shooting to all.    

• 2 weeks later...

Archived