SASS Wire Forum

Vending at EOT

Palo Verde, SASS # 56522

Vending at EOT Is expensive. Vendor fees plus tent rental adds up to almost $900.

So, you have to clear $900 profit ** that's  profit , not sales** just to break even - not counting the travel cost, the lodging the food, and the vendor's time for a week.

Dang near impossible for a vendor to even break even.

If  there are vendors at EOT this year give them some business.

Not only at EOT, Land Run, State Championships, etc. Please remember ALL YEAR LONG who supports YOUR sport when making purchases. Many online vendors have a spot for adding additional information about the order. Adding "Thanks for your support of SASS, EOT, Land Run, etc" lets them know their investment was worth it.

You bet, Slim. Figured you would chime in.

And as you know Vendor fees and tent rental fees are only part of the costs to vendors. Vendors also lose a lot of inventory due to the inclement weather and occasionally to a poor quality rental tent at EOT. I've been there in microbursts, floods,  50 mph winds  and other terrible weather that occasionally visits that location. Remember the year the Fire Marshal shut down the awards ceremony due to fear the Big Top might come down on the hundreds of people inside. 

Because of  the unpredictable weather at this location, vendors should bring  their own, high quality weather proof tents and really stake them down -- or, better yet, trailers. Many vendors experienced with this location bring a trailer to vend out of.

It is the volunteer Rangers that keep that place going. They are the heart and sole of Winter Ranges past and now EOT. Without them, nothing would happen.  My sincerest thanks to those fine people.

You going to ask them to delete this post also - just because I warned  people to prepare for inclement weather? 

Archived