SASS Wire Forum

Does your state sell out

Tennessee williams

My state is a total sell-out, they allow nanner split eaters and other ner-do-wells to reside here. East TN is worse. (What? Yes it is a separate state)

Imis

32 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

My state is a total sell-out, they allow nanner split eaters and other ner-do-wells to reside here. East TN is worse. (What? Yes it is a separate state)

Imis

They even take pyromaniac arsonists!!  :o  :lol: 

We built up to capacity and held it there for a few years but now we are at about 75% and holding close to that even with COVID and the price increases we are currently going through.  Our capacity is 200 but we will overflow to 220 before turning registrations away.

Pretty much in two days. I live five hours away from Tucson and I have to next day air my application in to assure I get in.

3 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Imis

We have Nanner Pudding shine here in the east. I know Dixie had some at State. Maybe TW will get some this year. If I don't drink it. We get mighty thirsty up in these hills. 

35 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Border town? What's the cap?

I am going to say 200-250 but I don't know for certain. They placed the applications online on Sunday. I mailed mine in USPS next day air and it got there Tuesday by 10 am. If I remember correctly, they filled up later that day or the day after.

2 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I am going to say 200-250 but I don't know for certain. They placed the applications online on Sunday. I mailed mine in USPS next day air and it got there Tuesday by 10 am. If I remember correctly, they filled up later that day or the day after.

There's some openings now aren't there? How many flights do they have? I'm wondering if others fill up as well

7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Border town? What's the cap?

I’m speaking unofficially regarding BT, but it’s 3 flights and it was capped at 350+? Last year. @Too Tall Bob he will have the official answers soon I’m sure.:)

1 hour ago, Captain Clark said:

I’m speaking unofficially regarding BT, but it’s 3 flights and it was capped at 350+? Last year. @Too Tall Bob he will have the official answers soon I’m sure.:)

400 is cap. Plus a pumpkin or two. 
TTB

Louisiana State hasn’t filled up in the last several years.

Texas did when it was held in Fredricksburg a couple years ago.

Mississippi does not.

If Arkansas State doesn’t, it’s certainly close.

23 hours ago, Cholla said:

Nope - 400 is cap

23 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

There's some openings now aren't there? How many flights do they have? I'm wondering if others fill up as well

We run 18 posses and run 3 shifts a day for for 3 days

And yes, we have room for a few more shooters. 

TTB

Maryland State has not sold out in quite some time.  We currently have a cap of 100, but that is because we only run one flight.  Back in the day, we would hit 130's with an extra posse and a floating break, but we don't need to do that at this point.

I am seeing that at the majority of the clubs in the mid-Atlantic region.  Ten years ago, matches would sell out in just a few weeks and now they are fighting to the last minute to fill their roster.  We have also seen a significant slowdown in attendance since the cost of ammo and components has gone through the roof.

We are still seeing a steady stream of new shooters, but that is slower than the fall off of attendance.  I could site a dozen reasons for this, but I think the majority of the reason has to do with our regulars getting older, retiring, and moving south to the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida which is helping to keep those matches full. B)

My recommendation to everyone is Get Your Applications In Early, no matter which match you are planning to attend.  Match directors have a hard enough time planning their event when the match fills up, don't make their job more difficult by delaying your entry until the last minute.  The event that you, as the shooter, will get will be far better if the Match Director knows what they have to work with, and how many people to plan for, well in advance of the match.

Howdy,

Indiana State doesn't sell out ( capacity is 506 :lol:, as tested in 2021 EOT) but we typically see 140 to 160 for our state match. 

for us, the dates are always the issue, we have so many awesome State matches here in the mid-west and the holiday weekends are already taken

and we do not want to infringe on those dates and clubs, so we we just plan it in the 2nd week of June. 

I think that states having low attendance should consider teaming up with a neighboring state for the combined match. This has worked well for many states in the past and if the clubs can come together and work together it can be a strongly attended match. 

BTW, any state wanting to team up with us, let me know.. ;):D

We used to sell out, if I remember correctly our max was 150 shooters, mainly due to the size of the Banquet Facility we used. One year at the last minute we got kicked out of the place we had been using and had to find somewhere else. It turned out to be a blessing and we have increased our max to 225. It looks like 2014 was the last time we filled up with 226 shooters but we have had over 200 in 4 of the last 6 years. 2020 with the Covid was our worst year recently and we had 170.  We were worried that this year would hurt us since we had to move our match from October to June but thanks to all of the shooters that didn't let that bother them we had 202 shooters. Hopefully we will draw just as many next year!

Thanks

Randy

We have not sold out in some time, and sometimes we struggle to add a third posse. Each year in a little smaller no matter what we try to add. Not a lot of shooters in the state, aging and travel, etc., many of the same thing you all face. I congratulate any club that is still selling out, and I hope you don't face what a lot of us are facing for many years

Hey, Stirrup!!

Last I heard from you, you were talking about moving south!!   Is that still happening??

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Hey, Stirrup!!

Last I heard from you, you were talking about moving south!!   Is that still happening??

We are, but probably not for a few years. For now we gotta settle for visits with the kids in northern Alabama, but as soon as I can ride off in the sunset from work, we are pulling up stakes

Archived