SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Winchester Model 12

Tennessee River

I know I'm probably asking for trouble, or at least a heartbreak of my infatuation.  But thought I'd ask the wider-SASS community vs. the WB Swap & Sell board to see if a cowboy has a Winchester Model 12 in 12ga they want to part with.  This will be used for WB.

My caveats are these:  I want an original riot-length CYL bore as my first priority, and prefer a proof-steel newer gun.  I'm not looking for a safe queen, trench gun or war relic with flaming bomb and cartouches because I know folks are selling these for like a gazillion benjamins on GB, but I'm hoping someone here has an original riot length they want to go to a pard without dealing with the GB hassles.  I know a cut and crowned longer barrel gun would shoot just as well, I just admire the police/mil-type weapons and the bearers they served.  Thought I would give this a shot.

Just to clarify: not looking for a long barrel to cut. 

I don’t want a trench gun, as it is not (see EDIT) allowed for Wild Bunch. 

EDIT:  I do see the WB Rules Committee now allows Model 12 Trench guns, but I'm not interested in taking that route to modify a long-barrel gun and add a heat shield and bayonette lug.

Archived