SASS Wire Forum

Walmart today

Utah Bob #35998

We’ll be hearing Christmas music in stores immediately after Valentine’s Day before you know it!  :rolleyes: :angry:

Black Friday falls on November 25 this year.  Traditionally that was the date that retailers books were in the black, and what followed was the gravy.  Masks and social distancing gone most places, we should see more in store shopping.  Interesting to see what actually happens and who makes the cut!

Ho, ho, ho, hu, hu, hum, hum, hum, humbug!

I lost interest in Christmas in 1973 when I was stationed at Iwakuni, Japan.

Christmas is the largest holiday in Japan and they play it to the hilt in a way that puts anything we have even today in the USA in the shade, from (in those days) about mid-September....in a country with less than 2% Christians in the entire nation.

I can't get too excited about it either. All there is to look forward to is the weather turning sh***y, traffic gridlock everywhere, the same cheesy music from the past 60 years played over and over, and pretending to be jolly when everyone out there is just as rude and miserable as ever.

Give me the Fourth of July when I can at least blow s*** up! :ph34r::FlagAm:

"Deck us all with Boston Charley,

Walla Walla Wash, and Kalamazoo!

Nora's freezin' on the trolley,

Swaller Dollar Cauliflower,

Alley-Garoo!"

Doesn’t bother me a bit. I couldn’t care less what the stores want to put out and  when. There’s a lot more serious things going on this country!:angry:

Howdy,

Why not just have a Christmas section all year??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Best

CR

America - the land where current supply chain problems for baby formula and food staples is pre-empted by delivery of Christmas decorations 3.5 months early.:FlagAm:

I thought maybe I’d start shopping early this year. Till I remembered there’s no need. That bummed me out.

So I went to the pharmacy and got an early flu shot.

3 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

"Deck us all with Boston Charley,

Walla Walla Wash, and Kalamazoo!

Nora's freezin' on the trolley,

Swaller Dollar Cauliflower,

Alley-Garoo!"

Never knew you were a POGO fan!!  

Me too!

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Ho, ho, ho, hu, hu, hum, hum, hum, humbug!

I lost interest in Christmas in 1973 when I was stationed at Iwakuni, Japan.

Christmas is the largest holiday in Japan and they play it to the hilt in a way that puts anything we have even today in the USA in the shade, from (in those days) about mid-September....in a country with less than 2% Christians in the entire nation.

I call it "Conspicuous Consumption Day."
The sheer enjoyment of little kids tearing open box after box of presents, then playing with the packing box always amuses me.

The digital photos I take of the grand kids at that age, are the priceless part for me.

Costco up here has had their Christmas stuff out since mid August.  Kids hadn't finished summer holidays yet.

9 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ did all that stuff finally get off those ships that was parked outside California ?  :huh:

Prolly.  Last year the stores ran out of decorations weeks before Christmas....  mebbe this stuff is what never got delivered....  :huh:

On 9/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Doesn’t bother me a bit. I couldn’t care less what the stores want to put out and  when. There’s a lot more serious things going on this country!:angry:

I agree, but I don't have to join in and I resent the stuff that gets in my way or infringed on me in any way.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:29 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ did all that stuff finally get off those ships that was parked outside California ?  :huh:

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Prolly.  Last year the stores ran out of decorations weeks before Christmas....  mebbe this stuff is what never got delivered....  :huh:

I am guessing this may be the case.

Warehouses full of late deliveries taking up space and in addition the stores receiving complaints from uptight and crabby people last year that they didn’t have what the customers needed. 

I have decided that I like it. 
I like Christmas. It puts me in a good mood. 
I’d rather be in a good mood as the weather starts to turn than to be grumpy because the leaves are changing and temps are cooling. 

I think I will go to Sam’s Club and pick up a big decoration to put on my little. porch this year. :)

Heck, I might even put it up early. ;)

When I go shopping I go in to buy what I need, I may look at some sales but if I’m not interested I walk buy it. I’m not buying any Christmas or Halloween stuff so that’s why it doesn’t bother me one bit, let the store make money! I’m in favor of capitalism!

Archived