SASS Wire Forum

WTB wall hanger shotgun

Hello readers, . . . 

People do not seem to understand what I am looking for.   

I keep get offers of functioning ( or almost functioning ) shotguns.  That is not what I'm looking for. 

I whish to obtain an old west shotgun  ( ie. double barrel with hammers ) that is . . .

to rusted to ever shoot

too loose to shoot

has Damascus barrels and is not shootable . . 

etc. . . 

If you have such a thing . . and would part with it for $ 100.   . . then let me know.  

Thank you for reading. 

Wolfgang

bbt

one last time . . . if no shootgun is available . . then I'll just use the three non functioning old pistols for a display in my MAN CAVE.  

THANKS for looking . . those who did . . and for replies.   

wolfgang . . . :)

7 hours ago, Moonshine 20515 said:

Howdy!  Got one that fits that description I think. I'll see ifin I can dig it out snd take some pics. It is a hammered double with Damascus barrels. 100 bucks shipped!

MS

that might be the ticket.   Picks please.  Am sending private message.

Ok, here we go.  Pics attached; I hope. The gun was manufactured by the American Gun Co. in NY. It looks well used. by the age and appearance, I would say it was used regularly to put meat on the table. She is well worn.  Damacus barrels and it doesn't lock up tight, so is not safe to shoot.

Let me know what you think

MoonShine

20220919_120029.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Howdy Pard

Looks like you have yourself a winner. Great looking iron.

Just out of curiosity you might have a gunsmith check it to determine if black powder shells would be safe.

That old smokepole could earn you some serious style points at a Cowboy Shoot.

Congratulations on a great acquisition.

Keep on the Sunny side!

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

It would work for Black Power blanks on a movie set. But I've got other double barrels in better condition that I use for that.  It is just to hang on the wall with the three old pistols I have for looks.  

Thanks for the reply and the thoughts.   :)

I have an old "Ivory Queen". It's got no internals parts, only the triggers on a pin, and the mule ears screwed on, nothing else inside. It's actually in pretty good condition except someone cut the barrels down and did a very poor job as the cut is cooked which is why it's on the wall.  I can get more pics if needed. I cropped this one from a pic of my room. 

JEL20220920_151756.thumb.jpg.463be4056f4c518ddc12c57bd81a3c92.jpg

Archived