SASS Wire Forum

How far back can you trace your lineage?

Finagler 6853 Life

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

ill say this - i expected you , bob , to have that at hand , not sure why other than ive noticed you interest in history ands it just seemed like you might , if my mother had not gone way into it i doubt we would have much ..........and ive not kept things up 

Did a DNA test once. Other than that just some sketch info back to my great grand parents. 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Early 1800’s my great grandparents in Italy, I’m sure it goes way back but that’s the people I am aware of.

About half of Mom's family came from the Vaudois (SP?) Valley region up where Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and France get together.  When they came to this country in the 1840s they were declared to be Italian...but the lines up there were / are pretty fuzzy.  The rest of her family are solidly English back to the dawn of time (or so Grandma told me).

Dad's folks were Scottish with some Irish, English, Welsh, and Walloon mixed in for flavor.  Hi mother's family were Welsh and Walloon (Owens, Owain, and Owan).  His family hit he Americas near the Massanutten Area of Virginia and about half of them had moved westinto Kenyicky, tennessee, Missouri, and even further  within 20 years or so.

We really became "westerners" pretty early and got a lot of American history running through our background.....some good, some bad.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Now, we're told that Adam and Eve had three sons - Abel, Cain, and Seth.  (Cain turned out to be a bad guy...)

So, the question is - who did the boys marry~?  :rolleyes:

I have asked a couple of Deacons and the Priest in my church (Catholic) that exact same question, I've never received an answer that makes sense.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:35 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Now, we're told that Adam and Eve had three sons - Abel, Cain, and Seth.  (Cain turned out to be a bad guy...)

So, the question is - who did the boys marry~?  :rolleyes:

Their sisters, presumably. Incest. Women were not counted, generally speaking, in the Old Testament.

It is not until Genesis 6 when the Nephilim introduce new genetics into mankind and relieve the human race of all of the inbreeding. At least that’s how I read it. Do I believe it? Not really.

My mother was a hamster and my father smelt of elderberries. 
Or was that my grandmother?

Genealogy is tricky.

While stationed in Scotland I had my family named traced. They found out I was originally clan McPhee. Then got in a war on the losing side. Half the clan went to the Western Isles, the other half went to southern Ireland and built a castle. They called it Blarney. That's how I got my alias. I figure I'm about 500th in line.

Archived