SASS Wire Forum

USPS efficiency...

Three Foot Johnson

I normally call the VA to refill prescriptions when I get down to one week's worth, and they normally arrive in my mailbox in about three or four days. Three weeks ago, I refilled one, it was mailed out the same day, and arrived on day SIXTEEN. They're refilled locally at the Fort Harrison pharmacy... I can SEE Fort Harrison from my house, but it's about a 52 mile round trip to pick them up in person, so I have them mailed out. If my math is correct, that's ~0.07 mph - about the same as a garden snail on steroids running full out.

USPS tracking has mildly amused me for years.  I once tracked a package from Midway USA.  It went from Missouri to Birmingham, AL, then to Atlanta, GA.  From there it went to Nashville, TN, then back to Madison, AL.  Three days later, it arrived at my house.  Total time was 9 days. 

UPS really set me on fire a couple of years ago.  During the time 22 lr ammo was so hard to find, I scored two bricks from the CCI website.  I tracked it via UPS until it reached the last destination before delivery, a UPS facility 20 miles from my house.  There, it was first marked "damaged in shipping", then "lost".  Took 9 weeks for CCI to replace my order, all because a UPS employee wanted my 22 ammo.  

I'm just tired of having to deliver mail to my neighbors that has been put in my box, some just across the street or next door, others several blocks away.

I get mail from some of them that is addressed to me but ends up in their box.

Our regular lady never misses beat but the slugs that do her route when she's not there aren't smart enough to pee a hole in a snow bank.  Wouldn't you think that they should be required to know how to read?

USPS is the worst. Glad I pay all bills online, way less mail to worry about. We get mail maybe 3 days a week sometimes 4. The post office is a quarter mile from my house and I asked them what’s up? She said staffing issues, Covid, etc blaa sad h blah whatever!! :blink:

At least once a week, I get someone else's mail in my mailbox. It is not always a neighbor's mail. Many times it is mail that should have been delivered across town. 

Back when I was a boy, the post office had a slot for out-of-town mail, and a separate one for in-town mail. Not anymore. All mail goes to Dallas, and then back here to deliver. Mail for in-town takes 4 to 5 days to deliver. Makes zero sense, which is typical for the post office.

Common sense, like Elvis, has left the building. 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

All mail goes to Dallas, and then back here to deliver. Mail for in-town takes 4 to 5 days to deliver. Makes zero sense…

Because someone mail anthrax to our “Leaders”in D.C.all mail now goes through expensive sniffers.

9 hours ago, bgavin said:

One of my lodge brothers drives the huge mail transport rigs.
He has many amazing stories to tell.

My son’s best friend drives a rig for the USPS also. You’re right, some amazing stories!!

Archived