SASS Wire Forum

Seems There is a Rash of Falling Over Dead

Sedalia Dave

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Russia is a communist country, and if you criticize the leader, you die.  Next question.

Totalitarian dictatorship not communist.

Communism in the USSR ended in 1991 after which Russia became a constitutional republic. As has often happened when a despot got the reins of power, it became a totalitarian dictatorship.

Everything I have to say about Hillary can’t be said here…well, it could, but I like hanging out here. Couldn’t very well do that if I am banned. 

Sure wish Hillary worked for Putin. In a tall building…

On 9/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Communism in the USSR ended in 1991 after which Russia became a constitutional republic. As has often happened when a despot got the reins of power, it became a totalitarian dictatorship.

You are right, This was the first time I have been wrong since February 10, 1957.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And if Vlad could flip a switch and turn the place communist again he’d do it in a minute.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And if Vlad could flip a switch and turn the place communist again he’d do it in a minute.

Absolutely he would.

He would also be another Stalin if there were no internet, cameras everywhere World wide commerce and travel.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Absolutely he would.

He would also be another Stalin if there were no internet, cameras everywhere World wide commerce and travel.

...... well Stalin never let any of that stop him ........   :excl:

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

He knows the Communist system failed but he has enough ego to think he can fix it. He never had to stand in line for a loaf of bread.

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So would Biden!

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

He knows the Communist system failed but he has enough ego to think he can fix it. He never had to stand in line for a loaf of bread.

Said every commie ever . They just think it wasn’t implemented correctly yet , and they will be the one to do it 

In the Soviet Union, under Communism, the state owned everything even the apartments. A commissar decided where you would live. In Ukraine SSR after Chernobyl when thousands of people had to be relocated, police would show up at your apartment at 3 am, and say something like “you have a three room apartment and 4 people living here. Commissar says these three people should live here with you.  Total strangers mind you.

ok, fast forward to USSR breaks up. Private ownership is possible. Privatization becomes possible. You can go to the right bureaucracy and say “I have lived here since ….” And get title to the apartment, which you can now sell if you want and buy a better place. Ok, maybe sometimes bribes were paid. People own the places where they live. Some do better than others and own more than one apartment and rent the other(s).

to go back to communism, Putin would have to steal (nationalize) all those apartments from everyone.  It doesn’t stop there of course

On 9/15/2022 at 2:06 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Not unlike our current “leaders” who don’t buy groceries, gas, or pay utilities themselves. 

Add one more!

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6269942/former-putin-ally-dies-falling-down-stairs-russia-ukraine/

I like the Russian media comment: "The scientist received injuries incompatible with life.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

to go back to communism, Putin would have to steal (nationalize) all those apartments from everyone.  It doesn’t stop there of course

Somehow, I don't think that this would deter him.

LL

Archived