SASS Wire Forum

This being the Saloon

Utah Bob #35998

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I saw that both Prince Andrew and Prince Harry are allowed to wear their uniforms for the funerary rites now.  

Good. Well for Harry anyway. 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:27 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No no old boy. Just outside the Colonial governor’s residence in Rajapur, a few hundred kilometers from Mumbai.. Dreadful place actually  but they did have a decent officer’s mess and polo team. The battalion commander,  Colonel Smythe-Carruthers was a wizard at snooker. Stout fellow. Bit of a boor though.

What!?!!?!

You didn't participate in tent pegging???

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

What!?!!?!

You didn't participate in tent pegging???

A foolish and ungentlemanly activity in my opinion.

18 hours ago, watab kid said:

why wouldnt they ? they earned that right in service i should think , but then im not into royals and the workings of the monarchy much , 

Prohibited by Royal rules. They have since changed their mind after public outrage.The king has given permission for Harry to be in uniform. 

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A foolish and ungentlemanly activity in my opinion.

A lot of skill required combining horsemanship and skill with the lance.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

A lot of skill required combining horsemanship and skill with the lance.

Only the young subalterns do it. Major Frobisher and I simply watch and place small bets on who will be unhorsed first.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Prohibited by Royal rules. They have since changed their mind after public outrage.The king has given permission for Harry to be in uniform. 

interesting , i did not know this , that is a line of thinking i never had as a youngster growing up , but then there are any number of things my folks did not raise me with back then [like racism ] i was alsao not raised to think our political figures are royalty or "special- privledged" , they were to be common folks that served without pay and donated to the betterment of the country - briefly , not courier paid [getting rich on us] life long and forever covered royalty , i will never look at one like that - i may be respectful but not reverant in their presence , they are people like you and me 

Archived