SASS Wire Forum

This being the Saloon

Utah Bob #35998

I think a toast is in order to the Queen as she lies in state in Scotland this evening. I was saving my last dram of Macallan #5 for a more celebratory occasion but they don’t come often these days..

To the Queen.

3C3CEF1A-D350-4A9A-869A-807C98DFAA08.jpeg

i went with the bourbon - i am an american , seemed an insult to tip french brandy and there was that bit of difficulty with my scotts ancestors even tho that predated her , i just felt better being me ......but the beer seemed a little less respectful to the lady that i had nothing but respect for , 

oh and i guess , since it was an american that put her on the throne , my bourbon serves two aspects of the matter 

heres to wallace simpson ...............

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

i went with the bourbon - i am an american , seemed an insult to tip french brandy and there was that bit of difficulty with my scotts ancestors even tho that predated her , i just felt better being me ......but the beer seemed a little less respectful to the lady that i had nothing but respect for , 

oh and i guess , since it was an american that put her on the throne , my bourbon serves two aspects of the matter 

heres to wallace simpson ...............

Her favorite drink was Gin and Tonic. I’ll have that tonight. With Bangers and Mash.

22 hours ago, DocWard said:

To HRH, Queen Elizabeth II!

Small point, The queen was not HRH, she was HM.  Phillip was HRH as are Charles, Ann, Andrew, and Edward.  When speaking to them, they are addressed as "Your Royal Highness" and subsequently Sir or Ma'am.  The Queen or King is addressed as "Your Majesty, then after Ma'am or Sir.

On the other hand, our current prime minister is addressed as "Your Dumb Assness"  followed by Crap for Brains.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Small point, The queen was not HRH, she was HM.  Phillip was HRH as are Charles, Ann, Andrew, and Edward.  When speaking to them, they are addressed as "Your Royal Highness" and subsequently Sir or Ma'am.  The Queen or King is addressed as "Your Majesty, then after Ma'am or Sir.

On the other hand, our current prime minister is addressed as "Your Dumb Assness"  followed by Crap for Brains.

WHY THAT SMACKS OF SEXISM SIR! :D
By the way, who do you address as Your Grace? Seems popular on Game of Thrones. ;)

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

I stand corrected, and I thank you. Consider correction made. The bad thing is, I should have known that.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/a-field-guide-to-british-noble-titles-whats-a-duchess

On 9/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Ain't got no Macallan, but I do have some Irish Jameson.  

To the queen!  And may angels sing her to her grave!

Irish works.

AF1D6682-F718-4B17-A186-49CF35F91BDB.jpeg

A lot to remember! I’d probably screw up and get tossed in the tower!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/a-field-guide-to-british-noble-titles-whats-a-duchess

On 9/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Her favorite drink was Gin and Tonic. I’ll have that tonight. With Bangers and Mash.

sounds good - ill not argue with her favorite - i just never acquired a taste and ive not yet had malaria , thank god for that , im not sue our current tonic is the same as quinine tho , might be mistaken yet i do believe i could acquire that taste if need be , ive always tended to brown liquor for the same reason i mentioned above ....bourbon or scotch before vodka or gin , but ive always been a creature of habit so what you might expect i guess 

36 minutes ago, watab kid said:

sounds good - ill not argue with her favorite - i just never acquired a taste and ive not yet had malaria , thank god for that , im not sue our current tonic is the same as quinine tho , might be mistaken yet i do believe i could acquire that taste if need be , ive always tended to brown liquor for the same reason i mentioned above ....bourbon or scotch before vodka or gin , but ive always been a creature of habit so what you might expect i guess 

As far as white whiskey I only have an occasional Gin & Tonic and sometimes a vodka martini. The tonic works well apparently.

9D914E26-C8E2-4A52-8D38-AC5BB86A3EA6.jpeg

56 minutes ago, watab kid said:

nice - you look like your in africa , 

No no old boy. Just outside the Colonial governor’s residence in Rajapur, a few hundred kilometers from Mumbai.. Dreadful place actually  but they did have a decent officer’s mess and polo team. The battalion commander,  Colonel Smythe-Carruthers was a wizard at snooker. Stout fellow. Bit of a boor though.

Archived