SASS Wire Forum

Old gripe, new posting

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I all my years I have heard and read much about Jesus of Nazareth.  I have come to respect him as a man who stood by his beliefs, was very intelligent and courageous.

I also have come to the conclusion that he was competent in what ever he did.  If he were alive and among us today he would be proficient in the many things necessary to survive in our world.  Many of his followers profess to follow in his footsteps and to try to live their lives as he lived his.

How is it, then, that so many of them cover their cars in Christian decals and stickers professing the love of ham and DRIVE LIKEA BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT, OBLIVIOUS, RUDE, AND OUTWARDLY STUPID ASSES?

Jesus knew about asses.  He rode one almost his entire life.  Most of his followers today are not able to ride a bus, yet they obsess over their personal convictions that the rest of us are evil or misguided.

God, save me from your very devoted boobs.

My biggest gripe is the sticker that states "GOD IS MY CO-PILOT"

I don't think so!  I don't consider God to be anyone's CO- anything.  He is the boss, not second to anyone.

And finally, Lord, please forgive my rants against any of your children.  I admit to having many faults ,and having little tolerance for evil and ignorance are but two.

I started noticing that back in the '70s.  Some of the worst drivers have various Christian bumper stickers.  The only ones worse are the ones with the "Baby On Board" signs that they never take out of the window.  They seem to think it gives them leave to not pay attention to the road.

Reminds me of the preacher who crashed his car. He jumped a ditch and folded his car around a power pole.  

He was shaken, but relatively unharmed.  As he climbed out of the wreckage, a drunk stopped his car near the calamity and called to the cleric, “You all right, Preacher?”

The still stunned holy man called back, “I’m fine! The Lord was riding with me!”

The drunken driver replied, “Well you might orta let HIM ride with me!!  The way you drive, you’re liable to kill him!!”

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I all my tears I have heard and read much about Jesus of Nazareth.  I have come to respect him as a man who stood by his beliefs, was very intelligent and courageous.

I also have come to the conclusion that he was competent in what ever he did.  If he were alive and among us today he would be proficient in the many things necessary to survive in our world.  Many of his followers profess to follow in his footsteps and to try to live their lives as he lived his.

How is it, then, that so many of them cover their cars in Christian decals and stickers professing the love of ham and DRIVE LIKEA BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT, OBLIVIOUS, RUDE, AND OUTWARDLY STUPID ASSES?

Jesus knew about asses.  He rode one almost his entire life.  Most of hid followers today are not able to ride a bus, yet they obsess over their personal convictions that the rest of us are evil or misguided.

God, save me from your very devoted boobs.

My biggest gripe is the sticker that states "GOD IS MT CO-PILOT"

I don't think so!  I don't consider God to be anyone's CO- anything.  He is the boss, not second to anyone.

And finally, Lord, please forgive my rants against any of your children.  I admit to having many faults ,and having little tolerance for evil and ignorance are but two.

Rinos or cinos, both give the rest of us a bad name!

24 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Imagine if you will... an atheist stuck at a green light behind a car with  a "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker. - )

Heard a story one time. Man is sitting at the red light and he notices the car in front of him has a bumper sticker - HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS. So he toots the horn a couple of times - BEEP BEEP.

An arm comes whipping out the window shooting a bird, and he hears, "Hold your effing horses, the GD light is still red!"

18 minutes ago, DocWard said:

@Forty Rod SASS 3935 Please change the thread title. It is somewhat disturbing.

I opened it immediately wondering if he was posting from jail.  :lol::lol:

I have to proofread my rants 4 or 5 times. It’s exhausting.
So I don’t rant much. :lol:

4 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

You OK, Forty? Some pretty good typos in there. Honest concern.

Yeah.  Dyslexic keyboard....and a short rage attack.

I'll get something to eat and a slug of water and be okay.

Thanks.

Well, my local fry's (Kroger) hasn't had any  of the fun size bags on the shelves for over two months, but as I've stated in another post they don't seem to giva a damn.  The space is there but the product isn't.....so I'll go to Safeway and Wally World and see if they have any.

5 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I still believe that SASS should approve of a Baptist category!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm in.

Me too!

Even Jesus said, "why do you call me 'Lord, Lord', and don't do the things that I say?" 

Just because someone says something, or supposedly believes a certain way, does not mean they accept it, or necessarily believes it, or even takes it seriously.

We are all hypocrites, in some way, and that is just the facts. 

We may have no idea what they have been going through, up until the time we encountered them.

The young woman, that cut you off in traffic, may be trying to get home to be with her kids, before she has to leave and work that second job to make ends meet (thanks to vacation-joe)...and she may have a "Jesus" bumper sticker on her car.  

That old couple, going so slowly in the grocery store, may be taking their time, because they know this will be the last time they get to go grocery shopping together, and they are savoring the moment...and he may have a small cross pinned on his lapel. 

Or...the people we encounter could just be selfish, self-centered jerks, that only think of themselves, and don't take their faith seriously.

No all Christians are that way, just as not all postal employees lose it and shoot everyone in sight, and just as not all cops love doughnuts.

But like a lot of things, the actions of a few, ruin it for the majority of the others. 

We expect a certain thing, and when that doesn't happen, it stands out, and we remember it, and can come to think it is more the norm, and not the exception. 

I'm not condemning everyone, just those who are blatantly and continuously screwing others, like a  "lady" who blocked an exit from a shopping center parking lot while she was talking on her cell phone.  No one could get in or out or get around her in the east bound lane going past and she was ignoring about ten people who were honking at her.

Or the guy whose truck is covered in stickers who always pulls out so far in the left turn lane that no one can see around to turn right on a red light.  He's pretty well known here, too.

Let's include a man about twenty five who finds the most blocked aisle in the store and puts his cart in the narrow open spot and then shops the aisle by walking up and back for five minutes picking an item here and there and going back to put each one in the cart.

I could go on but, you'd no doubt find excuses for all of them.

Have you ever thought of going into politics?

ive found that some days its better to roll over and sleep an extra hour then face the road without the rush hour traffic , but when thats not possible im really happy that car makers didnt mount a pair of fiftys on my hood - im sure jesus would not "do" as i might wish to do , so i follow and dont , 

all that sais , in retirement im thinking a bit more - when i can - about choosing my time and place to avoid lifes frustrations 

Blow his horn.

A true atheist not only does not love Jesus, nor believe in Jesus - he doesn't care. You can put whatever you want to on your car. Honk if you love The Flying Spaghetti Monster. If he is so busy changing his radio station that he doesn't see he's about to run into a kid, would you not blow your horn because people would think you were a fan of The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Archived