SASS Wire Forum

Do you buy something and then use it immediately?

Alpo

I buy things because I know that I will want them on down the road. My copy of Tombstone disappeared. I bought another one. I have not watched my new one, though I have had it for at least a month. But it was on sale, and I knew I wanted one, so I bought it. I buy groceries on sale, and fill my freezer.

Last week I placed an order for some replacements for Bianchi speed strips. They arrived yesterday. I got an email this morning wanting me to rate them - to tell how much I liked them or did not like them.

They arrived at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and I get this email at 10:00 this morning wanting to know how I like them. That just seemed a little - quick?

I have bought stuff anticipating need. Now I buy stuff that I want to use soon. The difference is that now it is less than three miles, ten minutes, to where I shop.  Previously it was thirty minutes or more. It was a challenge to get out of the buy it and freeze it model

I often wonder why companies email so quickly after a purchase to find out what I think about the product I purchased. If I haven’t used it or I don’t want to give a review I just ignore them. Sometimes, if I really like a product I may go track down the email and give them a review. 

I pretty much buy was I need. Unless there is a deal, and I know I will eventually use.. I never rate products anymore unless it is reall good or really bad. Mediocre is too normal for me to bother

I only buy something when I need it, unless it's gun related! All bets are off on gun stuff!:P

I have 180 books in my Kindle library.  I've read 25 or 30 of them.  When I get an offer to buy one for $1.99, I just buy and add it to the list I'll someday have time to read.

14 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I often wonder why companies email so quickly after a purchase to find out what I think about the product I purchased. If I haven’t used it or I don’t want to give a review I just ignore them. Sometimes, if I really like a product I may go track down the email and give them a review. 

They get an automatic notification when it;’s been delivered. Then their system automatically sends you a How Did You lIke Our Product e-mail. No humans need be involved. Pretty stupid.

I usually will go and buy something for a direct purpose. It's not a rule though. If I go garage sailing, I may buy something that I'll likely never use. I can usually know that I'll likely never use it because my gal says "What are you going to use that for?" I'll buy it anyway. Got a shed full of stuff...want to buy some?

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

Last week I placed an order for some replacements for Bianchi speed strips. They arrived yesterday. I got an email this morning wanting me to rate them - to tell how much I liked them or did not like them.

They arrived at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and I get this email at 10:00 this morning wanting to know how I like them. That just seemed a little - quick?

I just love reviews like that. Someone on Amazon reviews goes and says how great the item is... even when they admit they haven't even used it yet. :huh:

I like the answers to questions.

"Can I use this garden trowel to clean the lint out of my belly button?"

And there will be an answer - I don't know. I bought one but I gave it as a gift.

Why do people answer the question if they don't know the answer? But I frequently see a response - - I don't know. :wacko:

I "discovered" that one of my 3 screw rugers needed a gate detent spring.  So I found one on ebay but didn't order cause a light flickered in my dense grey matter and delayed the order to check things out.  Sure nuff I had already ordered one a year or so ago and it was in the same bin as the Colt 1911 ambi safety that hasn't been installed either.  That should answer the question.

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And there will be an answer - I don't know. I bought one but I gave it as a gift.

Why do people answer the question if they don't know the answer? But I frequently see a response - - I don't know. :wacko:

I've done that...

"Will this fit my 2008 F350 Superduty?"

"I don't know, what does the fitment/application chart included in the description say?"

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

There's probably a correlation between this and the Internet experts thread. Some people just have to leave a comment regardless of whether they know what they are talking about or not.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Why do people answer the question if they don't know the answer?

Happens on the SASS wire all the time!  

Those reviews are auto generated just like the ones I get from the doctor's office.  By the time I get home from the appointment there is a questionaire about how I enjoyed the experience.  No one ever reads them so who cares?  I have stuff in the closets that I bought 30 or 40 years ago and have never opened.  Went to get my Polaroid 35mm slide to photo copier out to copy some slides and found out they no longer make Polaroid film.  Who would have thunk it?

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I've done that...

"Will this fit my 2008 F350 Superduty?"

"I don't know, what does the fitment/application chart included in the description say?"

Was looking at Bianchi speed strips. 38 special / 357 Magnum. Question - will this work with 38 S & W? Answer - I don't know. Is a 38 S&W a 38 special or a 357?

I liked that one.

For firearm items:  No.
These items will more more scarce, and more expensive tomorrow.

$18 for a sealed 1# of H110.
$60 bricks of WSRP
Various powders when sold cheap on CalGuns.

Guns... already $100 more expensive than when purchased two months ago.

I just got my Ruger Alaskan out of CA waiting periods, and now have to wait to shoot it.
I'm headed to the chest crackers for a full bypass in a few weeks, and have to cool it with all things until then.

i kinda resent those "rate your purchase" e-mails , often they come before the item arrives and so i delete them ....they might get a better report if they gave me a week or two , but like you i often buy for the future - im an optimist , i buy camping equipment over the winter for next years use - i load ammo for the next five years use [even if i only shoot a years worth] you dont want to run out , you never know who might get elected and maybe one of your kids might decide to join you shooting , 

Archived