SASS Wire Forum

Round 3 CMP 1911

Buckshot Bob

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’m sure you would have been a good grade school teacher :) 

I was.....(he humbly said) for three years, and two more in Junior High, then Director of Academics (Appropriately DOA) at a private business college, Conversational English teacher to Japanese students in Hiroshima, trainer of various subjects in the Army and later the Marine Corps, and even later in two aerospace companies, instructor for The Muzzle Loader gun shop in Anaheim (on the handling of guns and mountain man shooting and stuff and building guns for kits and parts), California Certified Hunter safety instructor, and soon to be a Yavapai College History lecturer.

I also taught kids how to swim when I was still in high school.  I even taught customers how to lay floor tile when I worked for Color Tile in Pomona.

I come from a long line of people who taught all manner of subjects for about the last 250 years.

8 minutes ago, Doc Moses said:

Is SASS a CMP organization?  NRA is not.  Form requires membership in a org.

Thanks.

THE  Garand collectors Association qualifies.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I noticed they appear to have already sold off the best ones, and now have a new grade that incorporates guns with mutt modifications and commercial parts.

They always could have commercial parts , they did raise the price though. CMP guns are hard to go wrong purchasing. Just go on gunbroker and see what CMP Garand’s and 1911’s go for. I’m not trying to encourage profiteering off of the program, just stating that if you get something you hate you typically will not lose money on it . When I was picking up my 1911 from round 2 a guy at the gun counter offered me $200 more than I paid. Your getting a CMP gun with a certificate and that is reassuring to allot of purchasers .

The Garand’s they are selling right now aren’t the greatest but there’s still allot of people buying their limit, and the limit for their wives and kids every year. And they aren’t keeping them all. 

5 hours ago, Doc Moses said:

Is SASS a CMP organization?  NRA is not.  Form requires membership in a org.

Thanks.

If you join the Garand Collectors Association they are a CMP organization. 
https://thegca.org/the-gca/

Also the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation is as well.
https://gssf.pro/gssf-ispart-of-the-cmp/

1 hour ago, Doc Moses said:

Thanks. I will look at the Garand group and the forum. Can't do glock. They r part of the evil empire. ;).

As long as you get your 1911. 

I was very happy with the 1911 I got in round 2.  There is a facebook group where people post pics of what they got and their RGN so you know when your number is about to come up.  Just before mine came up they were dispersing out of a crate of some very nice rack grades and that's what I opted for when I got the call.  I got a very nice original finish colt frame with remington rand slide that had only been through one arsenal rebuild.  There is also a guy on the facebook page who is very knowledgeable on 1911's and provides a lot of great information.   If you join the Garand collectors association they automatically send your information to the CMP so you don't have to, was well worth it to me for that alone. 

1 hour ago, Jack Spade said:

I was very happy with the 1911 I got in round 2.  There is a facebook group where people post pics of what they got and their RGN so you know when your number is about to come up.  Just before mine came up they were dispersing out of a crate of some very nice rack grades and that's what I opted for when I got the call.  I got a very nice original finish colt frame with remington rand slide that had only been through one arsenal rebuild.  There is also a guy on the facebook page who is very knowledgeable on 1911's and provides a lot of great information.   If you join the Garand collectors association they automatically send your information to the CMP so you don't have to, was well worth it to me for that alone. 

Didn’t know about the FB group, I was follow the RGN thread on the CMP forums. I got a field grade. Mine was a Ithaca frame and Remington Rand slide. Quite good condition with a matching finish. I had a choice of rack or field when thy called. What’s the FB group called?

Archived