SASS Wire Forum

Oh my WORD!!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

So...today, we left the lake to travel to Farmington for a lovely lady's service...a wonderful woman she was.

And, we were driving by a Lowes on the way back...so

"Honey, want to look for a fridge for the cabin while we're here?"

Well...he should've known!!!

He had taken measurements last night. We stopped in, and found 3 we liked, the both of us, so we chose one...and they had it, so we bought it.

It was ice maker optional, so we said we would take an ice machine too.

Got to the cabin, friends met us there to help unload...

The box they gave us was a repair kit for an ice maker!!!

While Shanley, quite calmy, explained what and "now what", Dan is peeling off the 100 pieces of tape they use to protect these.

So...we now have to take a small detour on the way home and pick up/exchange the FUBAR.

And now that we have all the tape, and all the mess cleared, the boys went to put the fridge in the slot and...

3/8 of an inch TOO TALL!

HMMMM.....

Shanley comes back with a sawzall from the garage. And they take off all they could...and yet, STILL TOO TALL!

They end up removing my bottom shelf in that area.

(Oh, and cut my phone line in half in the process)

After all was said and done...my new fridge is in, awaiting the ice maker install on the next trip.

I need to start a Youtube channel called "hey honey, do you think..." !!!

I'd make millions!!!

20220910_162642.jpg

20220910_162650.jpg

20220910_162701.jpg

20220910_195619.jpg

20220910_195644.jpg

20220910_223602.jpg

I thought EVERYONE knows that a handy man tape measure is always different than the manufacturers tape

measures by about an inch or less.

Not only fridges, but stoves and dish washers also.

:lol:

And please don't ask me how I know.

..........Widder

I hate to mention it but fridges have screwed on feet to level them. Couldn’t you have just removed those? If the floor is fairly level the adjustment feet may not be needed. 

I'm thinking of a small propane camper fridge for us as we have no power at the cabin. Found one at a camper supply near here that takes in rejects and such. 4-600.00. They are bare insulation on the outside so I would box it in with T11 siding like I did my water heater. Oh, no phone line to cut either! ;)

Years ago I was putting an attic stair to the space over the garage. Neighbor wanders over to see what all the ruckus was about (cutting off bottom of the stairs at the time)

"How many times you gonna measure that?" he asks

"measure twice, cut once"

A few minutes later, neighbor wanders back over when the racket continues. (Using an angle grinder to shave just a tad off the end, too short to hacksaw LOL)

"What happened to measure twice cut once?" He had to say it.

Well...I recall a boiler factory that was making a pressure vessel.  A single course of steel was not long enough for the specs of the customer.  They welded on an extension that was overly long, so they cut it off...ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE WELD!  So, they welded on another piece, making sure to trim it on the correct side of the weld.  Only, they cut off too much, so it was still too short! :o:rolleyes::lol:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I hate to mention it but fridges have screwed on feet to level them. Couldn’t you have just removed those? If the floor is fairly level the adjustment feet may not be needed. 

Nope...these were flat down already!!!

5 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Years ago I was putting an attic stair to the space over the garage. Neighbor wanders over to see what all the ruckus was about (cutting off bottom of the stairs at the time)

A few minutes later, neighbor wanders back over when the racket continues. (Using an angle grinder to shave just a tad off the end, too short to hacksaw LOL)

That is funny!!!

You know, the cabinets are not square, and the cement floor is not 100% level...

I mean, c'mon...daddy would buy steaks and beer...and his crew would come up an work on building the cabin for the gratuity of it!!!

You know how well hangover jobs do!!!

21 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Stay tunned!!!

We are recieving some stair runners from a demo in the area...and our next big project will be putting stairs up a long wall to get to loft, instead of the attic stairs we have used for 59 years!!!

What could go wrong???:rolleyes:

Archived