SASS Wire Forum

bulletproof?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

All on the web....

Bulletproof backpack for kids.....what do you think

Bulletproof insert for any backpack or what have you for 149 or so....

Worth it?

Any ideas on bulletproof windshield??

Whole car??  Big bucks I bet.

Best

CR

Some Police are now carrying clipboards made of heavy polycarbonate.  They can be dumped of paper and held, by their arm loop handle, as a see- thru face shield.  Pricey?  YOU BET, at about $350.  But worth it if they deflect one critical projectile. 

For sure not Proof maybe small arms like 9mm ,  ESAPI and level 4 plates are not light so I bet they are using the kevlar soft lining I use along with my ESAPI plates  that are good up to sustained 7.62 rounds they arent cheap and better than 90% LEO's I wont ever go cheap on them or firearms .

IMG_9110.jpg

Howdy,

Someday when I get totally bored. I will make a list of terms that folks 

instantly argue with and gain nothing.

Unfired

bulletproof

always

There Im done.

Best

CR

NYPD just agreed to spend 10.4 million for bullet resistant glass and body panels for their patrol cars.  Too many officers getting shot in their cars.

12 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

All on the web....

Bulletproof backpack for kids.....what do you think

Bulletproof insert for any backpack or what have you for 149 or so....

Worth it?

Any ideas on bulletproof windshield??

Whole car??  Big bucks I bet.

Best

CR

Been a thing for a while now.  Basically a backpack with a holder for a plate.   The resistance is dependent on the plate.  They also make laptop bags the same way.   Have not really checked it out, but I know it exists and is available.  

27 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

Been a thing for a while now.  Basically a backpack with a holder for a plate.   The resistance is dependent on the plate.  They also make laptop bags the same way.   Have not really checked it out, but I know it exists and is available.  

OMG yes. Up to $900. Converts from backpack to vest in “one second.”

Go to lowes and get a couple boxes of ceramic 12x12 tiles off the clearance rack. Set em in front of your target and try to shoot through half a box stood on edge and taped together tight.

Poor man's frangible plate.

1 hour ago, Texas Joker said:

Go to lowes and get a couple boxes of ceramic 12x12 tiles off the clearance rack. Set em in front of your target and try to shoot through half a box stood on edge and taped together tight.

Poor man's frangible plate.

Your enemy will not shoot “straight on edge”

If it's really this bad, I want armed guards at the school my children/grandchildren are going to and the lace panty brigade can manger de la  merde et mourir!

Archived