SASS Wire Forum

Depressing movie

Dawg Hair, SASS #29557

If I want to be depressed I read the news. 

There for a while there was a rash of what I would call depressing movies. Lots of depressing sci-fi too. Things are a bit more upbeat now since CoVid is less intense. 

Well been a long week  about 8 hours sleep for the week , I go in streaks Finally ended up putting something calming on 13 Hours and got about 3 hours last night , Gotta call Tanto tomorrow and check on him there is a new book out done by one of the spooks Sarah Adams called Benghazi  know thy enemy, has some things it that havent been told before if you are interested  

Unfortunately, I am watching an on-going "depressing movie". I watch it on a daily basis. It is called: the news. 

What's even worse is: 1. It is true. 2. It is happening now. 3. It affects me, and every American. 4. It did not have to be this way...it could have been prevented. 

1 hour ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

John Cusack movie called 2012. It's a pretty good disaster movie but it ends with the image of the entire surface of the earth being burned to a crisp. Not a happy ending.

I thought 2012 ended in a flood with modern day Noah's Arks saving the rich/important people. The movie Knowing with Nicholas Cage ends with the Earth being burnt to a crisp but some kids are saved by aliens.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I thought 2012 ended in a flood with modern day Noah's Arks saving the rich/important people. The movie Knowing with Nicholas Cage ends with the Earth being burnt to a crisp but some kids are saved by aliens.

I may have gotten the movies mixed up. There were several of them about the same time. I just remember the line of intense heat moving across the planet burning everything till it circled the planet.

5 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Unfortunately, I am watching an on-going "depressing movie". I watch it on a daily basis. It is called: the news. 

What's even worse is: 1. It is true. 2. It is happening now. 3. It affects me, and every American. 4. It did not have to be this way...it could have been prevented. 

I never watch TV news. By never I do mean almost never; if a huge thing happens I'll watch it; maybe two or three times per year. I will occassionally look at local TV news; maybe 2-3 times per month.

All broadcast media, of whatever leaning or persuasion, engages in emotionalism and is calculated to keep people upset so that they continue watching. Combine that with small clips of news rather than in-depth reporting, and endless repitition and indeed you will get anxious and depressed.

Get it from printed sources and it has far less emotional impact. Plus it's more than bites, and you only have to read a story once, if at all. I highly recommend it, and seriously, to my friends an colleagues.

I subscribe to three newpapers delivered daily, and two newsmagazines. Others I will pick up from the stands now and then.

I watch Fox News and a couple of their shows, The Five, Tucker Carlson and Jesse Waters. I also watch local news to keep up with what’s going on in my town. I guess I’m somewhat of a news junky. I don’t watch every single day but quite a bit.

That’s my depressing fill so I don’t need movies that are depressing! :blink:

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Don't know about smart...but at least they can read a teleprompter.

A lot of them have law degrees and they keep up with the news. They’re smart all right , they’re not just pretty faces. 

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A lot of them have law degrees and they keep up with the news. They’re smart all right , they’re not just pretty faces. 

All the law they’ll ever need is the law of attraction.

Archived