SASS Wire Forum

everyday attire

Highwall

How has SASS influenced the way you dress each day?

I have 5 vests, denim. leather and cotton (all with lapels) I've always worn them to church, and other events

Since retiring I wear them now from October thru April (our summers are too hot otherwise).

Jeans and cowboy boots have been a part of my life since age 4.

The only thing I think SASS has helped me with is to rid myself of non-leather goods like holsters and knife sheaths like Kydex. nylon, plastic and Faux leather

that I had collected over the years..

I decided they just didn't fit my true MO.

I’ve always worn whatever was clean and handy. Typically shorts, a t shirt and tennis shoes, maybe a Hawaiian shirt if I’m carrying my Commander.  If it’s cold I replace the shorts with jeans and the Hawaiian shirt with a jacket. That hasn’t changed.

No way I’m wearing boots if I don’t have to.

Since I've been involved with CAS over half my life, I can say it hasn't changed my attire much.  Since I gave up my life in an office or a uniform, I quit wearing my dress boots, except on special occasions.  My casual and most of my work attire now consists of walking style boots (crepe soles predominantly), snap western or hawaiian shirts.  Since my angst over being a VN vet morphed into pride, cowboy hats have given way to service affiliated ball caps.  

I was a boots and jeans guy before I got involved in SASS.  Now because of ARTHUR RITIS, I only wear the boots when I'm on the range.

Most days, I am working either with or on equipment.  My attire doesn't matter.  Its almost always covered in red grease and heavy dust.  On my feet are heavy Whites logging boots for snake protection.

When I'm not working, Im usually wearing wranglers and some kind of T-shirt, or my "go to town" clothes similar to the casual clothes I wore to my office before "R-Day".

Shorts and t-shirts for me in the summer and maybe jeans when it's 60 or below down here in FL.  I got used to the warm weather down here. 

Otherwise, cowboy duds when doing CAS.:) 

On 9/9/2022 at 4:35 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I’ve always worn whatever was clean and handy. Typically shorts, a t shirt and tennis shoes, maybe a Hawaiian shirt if I’m carrying my Commander.  If it’s cold I replace the shorts with jeans and the Hawaiian shirt with a jacket. That hasn’t changed.

I don't own any shoes. only boots!

Boots, jeans, western shirt, vest and cowboy hat is my everyday and church attire.  Felt hat for fall winter and spring, straw for summer.  Vest all the time except summer.   Always wore jeans and western shirts with a farmer's cap.  Since started cowboy shooting I switched to a hat and added the vest.

Grey or black T-shirt and jeans or overalls.  Works on the job or on the bike or just loafing. 

I used to wear heavy, lace up boots, usually with steel toes because I worked where heavy stuff could land on my feet and road hazards could get to ‘em on the bike. 

I’d wear good cowboy boots for dress and a better black T-shirt for dress and I made sure my jeans didn’t have holes in ‘em.

The only thing that has changed is my footwear.  I have been mostly wearing a walking boot off and on for the last five plus years on my left foot and whatever would level up to it on my right.

Reckon I’ll figure out what I can wear on my feet now, since I don’t need the walking boot.  That’s if I can keep the bad foot healthy!

On 9/9/2022 at 3:35 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Just don't get the Commander and something else mixed up...Both on the short side...

Texas Lizard

I have worn jeans and t shirts my whole life and either cowboy boots or work boots, but since I retired last year all it has been is swear pants and flip flops :lol:

Shorts, tshirt, sneakers. When it's chilly I wear jeans and whatever kind of shirt. When I'm working (part time) I wear jeans, regular shoes like Rockports and a shirt with a collar and vest pocket. Whem I'm shooting CAS it's jeans, cowboy hat, shirt, boots.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:03 AM, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Boots, jeans, cowboy hat..........my whole life.

Me too but I'd add a bandana. My kids wouldn't recognize me without one on my head or around my neck.

I'm flying with my daughter to Seattle next week to celebrate my mom's 100th birthday. 

The daughter asked what I was going to wear on the plane (hoping it was not too western.)

I told her Levi jeans with a denim pearl snap shirt, and a Wyoming leather vest.

She then said we might need to have separate seats. I said hey! at least I'm leaving my boots behind.

The airport screen detectors hate them! I once was almost strip searched because my boots had

a metal insert support. :angry:

On 9/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, tacobill said:

Suspenders, I got a nice leather set and wear them everyday.

You just wear leather suspenders?:blink:

Okay my daughter and I officially have separate seats on our flight to Seattle for my mom's 100th birthday just  because I look like this! I said deal with it!

I reckon she did. :( I am what I am.

image.thumb.jpeg.efab2e764fe4668c21be901767582e27.jpeg

I wore BDU's, ACU's and flight suits for 29 years.  So every day, uniforms were mandatory.  LOL.

But I'm kind-of-retired now, working back on the ranch.

So I wear western clothes or work overalls daily.

And occasionally we have gone to Church wearing our best Sunday SASS duds.

Mustang

I've worn my black Wranglers with a black and white striped cowboy action shirt, black boots, black frock coat red wild rag and a black hat to church in the winter months.  Got a lot of nice compliments, especially from the ladies.  Western dress is all I wear.

Just now, Dead Eye Jake said:

I've worn my black Wranglers with a black and white striped cowboy action shirt, black boots, black frock coat red wild rag and a black hat to church in the winter months.  Got a lot of nice compliments, especially from the ladies.  Western dress is all I wear.

Me too! I even found a Cowboy Tux rental for my son's wedding.  My best black dress boots shined up very nicely!

19 hours ago, Dead Eye Jake said:

Just to clarify.  I wear western work clothes everyday, not dress up clothes all the time.  Just for church or fancy affairs.

Archived