LGBTQ can be said as a sentence.

Let's get Biden to quit.

Not an acronym.

:D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Alpo 

our neighbors had a pet they called DiOJee… was his name an acronym for Delightful Old Guy?

BEBA55DE-BCE0-4AFF-804D-39BD06A835A7.jpeg

LGBTFQ

I don’t wish ill  on people i disagree with politically, but when they are as entitled as Brandon and Kamala … I’d make an exception.  They are just plain evil.

23 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I’ll pass. I still don’t get the AR’s popularity.

But, whatever scratches your itch.

I'm with you DDD! I was taught from the start one shot, one hit. Pick up the brass and save it for reloads. 

Plus I'll take walnut over plastic any day.

Jees…you know what the hell I meant. 

I worked in aerospace. Every project came with a “Book of Acronyms”. The abbreviations for names of systems, components, operations, tests, etc.  If the US military, the DOD, the Pentagon, top aerospace companies and all their employees, including those that signed my paychecks want to misuse a silly word to describe their projects, programs, stuff, etc. it was and still is fine by me. 

Just wondering. Is there ever a damn thread on here that doesn’t get sideways somehow?

Back to the gun. 

I think I am going to wait a while to see how these play out, you know, malfunctions, strange breakage trends, etc. 

The idea of this gun is something I have wanted for a long time but I am not willing to beta test a new firearm for Ruger or anyone else. Already did that with a Remington. That didn’t go well at all. 

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think I am going to wait a while to see how these play out, you know, malfunctions, strange breakage trends, etc. 

The idea of this gun is something I have wanted for a long time but I am not willing to beta test a new firearm for Ruger or anyone else. Already did that with a Remington. That didn’t go well at all. 

I held off on the POF for a couple years, because when colt and a few other manufacturers came out with the 7.62x39 in the AR they had problems with bolt breakage from opening up the bolt face . POF claimed they found the correct steel and heat treat to solve that problem. And apparently they did, but i felt better waiting to make sure there wasn’t a problem. My experiences with the POF and Ruger 762 have all been positive. If this gun wasn’t a collaboration with POF or someone who worked for POF or a reverse engineering of their gun I would be surprised. One of the differences I noticed was POF has one plunger ejector where the Ruger has two . I’ve seen traditional sized AR10’s with dual ejectors also . Apparently some designers feel you need a little extra push. 
I totally understand anyone who wants to wait, but Ruger usually does have most of the kinks worked out of a gun by the time they bring it to market. I could also see other calibers coming out in the future. 

I was thinking that I would like this gun more with a side charging set up until the gent in your second video up mentions how much harder it was to pull the charging handle on the SFSR, @Buckshot Bob

I have already told my wife that at some point in the next 9 months I will probably be buying one of these. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was thinking that I would like this gun more with a side charging set up until the gent in your second video up mentions how much harder it was to pull the charging handle on the SFSR, @Buckshot Bob

I have already told my wife that at some point in the next 9 months I will probably be buying one of these. 

It’s always best to get approval from the boss first . Although I have a few friends that insist that it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. 

25 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It’s always best to get approval from the boss first . Although I have a few friends that insist that it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. 

I have done both.
The former has a more harmonious outcome. ;)

On 9/8/2022 at 2:10 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And amazingly, it's even legal in california~!  :)

(So far...)

He said with tongue firmly planted in his cheek!  Put a screw in the stock & a Battle Fin on the grip.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, J.D. Daily said:

He said with tongue firmly planted in his cheek!  Put a screw in the stock & a Battle Fin on the grip.

“Battle fin” a cool name for a silly piece of inane plastic. Ya gotta love California gun owner’s ingenuity for figuring out how to beat or skirt the idiotic laws. :lol:

The more I see and hear about this rifle the more I really like it. I do hope there are more magazine options. Magpul makes some great mags, but I am really not sure plastic lips on a .308 mag will cut it over time. 

I already have one of these. PTR91 (American made HK91)Mags and parts are cheap (basically a German G3). Ugly as a mud fence but shoots good with decent ammo and so far it has eaten ANY ratty Russian ammo without a hitch. It goes bang every time. :)

JHC

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/5212/930935093/wm_8702955.jpg

15 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I already have one of these. PTR91 (American made HK91)Mags and parts are cheap (basically a German G3). Ugly as a mud fence but shoots good with decent ammo and so far it has eaten ANY ratty Russian ammo without a hitch. It goes bang every time. :)

JHC

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/5212/930935093/wm_8702955.jpg

It would be nice if you could replace the stock with a pic-rail adapter so you can affix an adjustable length of pull stock.

16 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The more I see and hear about this rifle the more I really like it. I do hope there are more magazine options. Magpul makes some great mags, but I am really not sure plastic lips on a .308 mag will cut it over time. 

Lancer makes ones with metal feed lips molded in 

https://lancer-systems.com/product/l7awm-25-magazine/

I have Magpul and Lancer mags in 223 and 308 . I honestly have never had a problem with either, but I do think the lancer is more robust. 

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AR10

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If MagPul made them I would expect them to hold up over time.  The USMC, USAF and Special Teams switched to exclusively using MagPul Gen 3 all polymer mags back in 2016 or 17 and AFAIK they are still using them. I am sure that there are loaded MagPul magazines that have been in storage for years that will still function.

The Army didn't adopt them but based on this article their reasoning is flawed.

I keep a couple of loaded mags in with my AR just in case. I only load mine with 28 vice 30 rounds. I do this because i my opinion it places less stress on all the magazines components than loading it to capacity.

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

If MagPul made them I would expect them to hold up over time.  The USMC, USAF and Special Teams switched to exclusively using MagPul Gen 3 all polymer mags back in 2016 or 17 and AFAIK they are still using them. I am sure that there are loaded MagPul magazines that have been in storage for years that will still function.

The Army didn't adopt them but based on this article their reasoning is flawed.

I keep a couple of loaded mags in with my AR just in case. I only load mine with 28 vice 30 rounds. I do this because i my opinion it places less stress on all the magazines components than loading it to capacity.

Don’t get me wrong. Nearly all of my AR 5.56 mags are Magpul. I haven’t had any issues with them…well, 2 of them widened at the lips because I left them loaded for months without the little compression clip. I gutted them for the parts then shot them. 

I would wonder if the 308 mags would hold up. There is one way to find out. ;)

24 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Don’t get me wrong. Nearly all of my AR 5.56 mags are Magpul. I haven’t had any issues with them…well, 2 of them widened at the lips because I left them loaded for months without the little compression clip. I gutted them for the parts then shot them. 

I would wonder if the 308 mags would hold up. There is one way to find out. ;)

If you keep their little hat on them supposedly the feed lips don’t spread and it’s supposed to keep debris out . Sig is big on the lancer’s, supposedly that’s what’s coming with the new Spear rifle sig is selling to the taxpayers . For the money Magpul is hard to beat , if you want to spend some money I think HK makes some steel ones .

I have quite a few Magpul glock mags and have never had a problem with them. But if I’m going to rely on the gun for protection I always use a glock mag. 

Thank you @Buckshot Bob

If a manufacturer recommends a magazine for their gun - the magazines their engineers, techs and testers worked hard to test - that is the magazine I run. 
I learned my magazine lessons years ago with 1911’s. I bought so many different cheap mags looking for the best inexpensive ones and after wasting lots of money I learned that spending good money on good magazines was the way to go. 
I run P-Mags in my AR-15 because when I bought my first one in 2012 the LGS I was dealing with told me that the only two they recommended were Magpul and Troy. They had Magpul in stock so that’s what I bought. The manufacturer of my lower receiver recommended Magpul, though now they have their own line. I have a bunch Magpul mags. Like I said before, I had 2 go bad because I left them fully loaded for months (may have been over a year) without that little clippie thingy on top to compress the loading. I trust Magpul in these types of mags. 
In my Glocks I run Glock mags. Nothing else. Not even Magpul. 
In the video above that gent said POF recommends P-Mags for 100% reliability. That was it for me. I don’t care how the others work. ;)

Also, looking at the POF Revolution prices shows what an excellent deal the Rugers should be. 

I’m just trying to be an enabler :) . I just see this as a great advancement for the AR10 , the Rogue is POF’s cheaper and lighter di version, but still $1800 . The thing weighs just under 6lb with a 16.5 in bbl. For years people have been trying to jam all kinds of cartridges into a AR15 to get a more capable cartridge. This design solves allot of problems. At Rugers price point I’m guessing they will initially be pretty hard to find . I’m also wondering if they will cut into enough of the the other manufacturers AR10 sales . Sig, Daniel Defense, etc…. , that it will cause them to either discontinue what they are currently making or come out with a competitive gun. With the amount of AR manufacturers anymore if Rugers sales are brisk I would think someone would pick up the ball and run with it. 

Archived