SASS Wire Forum

I think Ruger is going to sell allot of these

Buckshot Bob

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must. Get. One.

:D

His constant repetition of "MSR" and "modern sporting rifle" got real old. It's a stupid term and people should refuse to use it. If the liberals don't like "AR-15", tell 'em to go pound sand.

Just now, Alpo said:

His constant repetition of "MSR" and "modern sporting rifle" got real old. It's a stupid term and people should refuse to use it. If the liberals don't like "AR-15", tell 'em to go pound sand.

But it’s not a AR-15 , it’s a little baby AR-10 :) 

Suggested retail $1,299.00.

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Suggested retail $1,299.00.

The comparable POF is 1,899.00 . Like usual the small business lead the way. Springfield just came out with some 2011’s that under cut Stacatto/STI by about a $1000.00 

18 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And amazingly, it's even legal in california~!  :)

(So far...)

Hopefully CA citizens will be getting a few of their 2A rights back soon . But the 9th circus is resisting as much as possible 

38 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Hopefully CA citizens will be getting a few of their 2A rights back soon . But the 9th circus is resisting as much as possible 

We're not.

Judges rule in favor of the citizens (absurd ammo purchase laws, waiting periods, magazine capacity, and so on), only to see the state be granted a stay order.  These orders seem to be indefinite, or at least last until the clowns from either the Ninth or the state's own supreme court uphold the state laws - no matter how absurd.

Case in point - the state's "microstamping" law, which is at the core of restricting most modern handguns sale in california:  

On June 28, 2018, in the case of National Shooting Sports Foundation v. California, the California Supreme Court upheld the state's microstamping law. Amazingly, the court wrote, "Impossibility can occasionally excuse noncompliance with a statute. But impossibility does not authorize a court to go beyond interpreting a statute and simply invalidate it." 

How absurd.  The highest court in the state ruled that it's perfectly okay have a law requiring something acknowledged as impossible.  

ROLL EYES by TzongHan on Dribbble

Watched the video again.

Yup.

Need one.

Gonna hafta do better than a 10 round mag though. ;)

8 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Watched the video again.

Yup.

Need one.

Gonna hafta do better than a 10 round mag though. ;)

Magpul and Lancer make 25 rounders . Here in Mi we are limited to 5 rounds for deer hunting. Magpul makes a 5 round limiter you can install in their 10 rounds mags . The 10s are nice for shooting from a bench on sand bags 

Have not been into black guns for many years.  Here is my Ruger .44 MAGNUM Carbine with built in receiver sight.  The finest MSR rifle ever made. B)  (Sorry Alpo.)

1118589245_ScreenShot2022-09-08at4_59_20PM.thumb.png.13de5b77c55fd58da0ecd578e8a37bba.png

3 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Have not been into black guns for many years.  Here is my Ruger .44 MAGNUM Carbine with built in receiver sight.  The finest MSR rifle ever made. B)  (Sorry Alpo.)

1118589245_ScreenShot2022-09-08at4_59_20PM.thumb.png.13de5b77c55fd58da0ecd578e8a37bba.png

I know lots of Mi deer hunters that would love one . I’ve never really understood why Ruger never resurrected it. It would also be great in 10mm 

I'm surprised something that black, and that scary looking, is legal in CA.
I have less than zero interest, but I'm equally surprised Ruger paid the bribe fee to get that on the blessed list, and their 1911 is not.

It needs a grip fin or other ca. compliant fixed length stock. No flash hider. Or with the pistol grip a fixed magazine that requires opening the upper and lower to remove the mag. This is to be Ca. legal.

I have one AR15 in Ca. compliant mode but haven't shot it much.

40 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I agree with the sentiment, but not the term. :P

326142824_IMG_20220908_1939515502.thumb.jpg.1f8c2f7c3513d84c1df08b2e613f6d94.jpg

Okay. For the second time in 3 days I have been impressed with an AR type rifle. 

I can see myself wanting one of these. I could actually afford one of these. Every time I have picked up an AR10 I have been turned off by the weight. I could see myself trying one of these out. I would definitely wait until gun writers have a go at them. Be a shame to spend $1200 on an inaccurate semiauto. 

AR-15 Platforms.

SIGH

Banned in Canada !

Make sure you continue to support the NRA and protect YOUR rights, because if you don't, you'll be like us and have NO property rights. (Seriously) 

37 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I thought you would also notice that "MSR rifle" is saying modern sporting rifle rifle.:P

I'm so used to seeing ATM machine, PIN number and VIN number that I don't even notice stuff like that anymore.

42 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay. For the second time in 3 days I have been impressed with an AR type rifle. 

I can see myself wanting one of these. I could actually afford one of these. Every time I have picked up an AR10 I have been turned off by the weight. I could see myself trying one of these out. I would definitely wait until gun writers have a go at them. Be a shame to spend $1200 on an inaccurate semiauto. 

The Ruger hammer forged bbls usually shoot pretty good, and with it free floated I’m thinking these are going to shoot pretty well . But I’ll guess right now the trigger will probably not be anything impressive. I have a Ruger SR762 and it’s a pig , the factory trigger stunk , but that’s easily fixed, it’s not free floated and with the right hand loads it will do a inch at 100 yards. Any thing else it will usually stay around 2. I also have a piston POF Revolution and it will shoot under a inch at 100 with the right hand loads and will stay under 2 with just about everything I have tried so far except Tula . What I really like about the POF  besides that it’s the same size as a AR15 is that it doesn’t recoil any worse than the Ruger I have . The only thing I can figure is it might be because there is so much less mass in the POF bolt and carrier or the brake on it really is that good. 
Only time will tell, but Ruger doesn’t release very many lemons . And at this price point I just expect it to do well for them. 

I am amazed at how much information is already out on these considering the first I heard about these was yesterday. 

The barrel lengths offered are 16” & 20”.

https://ruger.com/products/sfar/models.html

The difference in velocity of 20” vs 16” is 100-130 fps, according to websites I looked at. 
I think one of these with a 16” barrel and a nice light 3-9 powered scope would be a good combo for me. 

Shelves are FULL of 308/7.62x51 ammo these days.

Be a great time to acquire this.

20 hours ago, Alpo said:

I agree, it’s a response to the “sporting purpose” point of view.  Which bugs me.

I’d rather he said EBR (cause it’s funny).

Howdy,

Buy more Ruger stock.

Should have bought more at five bucks.

Is that the 44 jammmomatic I sold?

I never feared anything like trying to  clear that 44.

Maybe just got the only bad in the bunch??

Best

CR

21 hours ago, Alpo said:

1 hour ago, WOLFY said:

I agree, it’s a response to the “sporting purpose” point of view.  Which bugs me.

I’d rather he said EBR (cause it’s funny).

MSR: Monster Slaying Rifle :D

What’s an EBR?

Is anyone else just plain sick of #$&%€£¥$ acronyms? They can’t say “sporting rifle”or something else? 
It almost seems to me there’s a secret disease that only acronym loving people know about that once a person uses up their allotment of syllables their life ends. That’s why they come up with and use stupid acronyms constantly. 

46 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What’s an EBR?

Evil Black Rifle

46 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

MSR: Monster Slaying Rifle :D

What’s an EBR?

Is anyone else just plain sick of #$&%€£¥$ acronyms? They can’t say “sporting rifle”or something else? 
It almost seems to me there’s a secret disease that only acronym loving people know about that once a person uses up their allotment of syllables their life ends. That’s why they come up with and use stupid acronyms constantly. 

Where I retired from we had a acronym for every thing. When I was at social functions and would run into someone from work and we would start talking about work everyone else listening to us would react like we were speaking a Latin. 

An acronym can be pronounced as a word. North Atlantic treaty organization - NATO. That's an acronym Federal bureau of investigation - FBI. FBI is not a word, and it is not an acronym. CIA is not an acronym. EBR is not an acronym. MSR is not an acronym. SASS is an acronym. PGA is not.

If the letters cannot be pronounced as a word, then technically it is an initialism.

Y'all don't care. Most of you will still continue to say USA is an acronym. But it's not.

SASS can be said as word. PGA is said as three separate letters.

Archived