SASS Wire Forum

Storage locker find

Alpo

This guy buys a storage locker. For $5,200.

They keep a running total as he takes stuff out of it, and their guesstimate is a little over 24,000.

But it is just amazing the stuff this guy does not know. One of the first boxes he opens is full of loaded magazines for an M14. He had no clue. He finds a Garand. A little later he finds a Springfield Armory case, and it's got an M1A in it. He has no clue. "This looks like that M1 rifle, sort of."

Ends up with about a dozen rifles, two shotguns and maybe a half dozen pistols.

He finds an air compressor, and doesn't know what it is until he reads the label on it. Boxes and boxes of hand tools and power tools and air tools, and he didn't know what any of them are.

It is an interesting video, but I'm just astounded at how little this guy knows.

A neighboring business of my Indian restoration shop bought storage units and sold the contents on e-bay. She asked my mechanic if he knew anyone with any knowledge of guns and their values and he mentioned me.

I went to her business and inspected over 20 rifles and shotguns for her. She wanted to know if any were loaded and their approximate value.

Most were military - Arisakas, Enfields, Springfields and Garands as well as a solid barrel 1897.

Some were loaded!

The two Garands were:

1) A 1941 Springfield with British proof marks that looked unused.

2) A 1943 Springfield that was glass bedded and had National Match parts and sights that was in excellent condition.

A 1903 Springfield had an 18" bayonet that was untouched.

1 hour ago, Innocent Bystander said:

So, will he have to file 4473s on all the guns?

Generally no. There may be some particular legalities depending on what state he’s in. 

Archived