SASS Wire Forum

Twwwaannnng!

Utah Bob #35998

I thought it would be more of a "KA-CHUNK", but what do I know?

I used to have this on my desk with a piece of Cannon fuse in the touch hole.

Once in a while, if one of my male staff was taking too long to get to the point, I'd light the fuse!

Never had to raise my voice or tell them to get to the point

If I did it today, I'd probably be arrested.

IMG_1948 (2).JPG

22 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I thought it was this:

Groggy, Midnight the cat and Andy Devine! What a show! :wub:

They've got a full size trebuchet at Warwick Castle in England.  We saw them launch a 300 lb fireball several hundred yards with it.  They shot it off every day at 3:00 p.m. for the tourists, which were many.  Very impressive to watch.

5 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I was thinking UB got a new long bow.

One of the men on my A team had an English long bow. He was the only guy who could string it even though he was about my size he d said it’s all in the technique. It felt like it had a 200 pond draw to me. I saw him skewer an oiled drum with it. Went through both sides! Fearsome weapon.

Used to watch a show on Dish (History Channel maybe) was a yearly competition called Punkin' Chunkin' to see who could shoot pumpkins the farthest. Pretty fun show. They came up with some of the d*mnedest contraptions you can imagine as well as some BIG cannons!

JHC

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Used to watch a show on Dish (History Channel maybe) was a yearly competition called Punkin' Chunkin' to see who could shoot pumpkins the farthest. Pretty fun show. They came up with some of the d*mnedest contraptions you can imagine as well as some BIG cannons!

JHC

https://www.punkinchunkin.com

Archived