SASS Wire Forum

Navy Arms .357 1873 Carbine

Skiddsteer1

I am interested in finding ( I assume they come in sets ) two lever springs and screws for this. It would appear the LH lever spring or screw is stripped and wont tighten. Naturally then it locks up and won't cycle when fully assembled. I would appreciate any advice as to where I can go (search online) for parts. Thanks so much, Skid.

Navy arms were mostly Ubetis and parts are readily available from VTI Gun Parts, Cimarron, and Taylor's and Company.  A few of the very recent Navy Arms are Winchester branded Mirokus.  Look on yours and see if it says Italy or Japan on it.  Most likely it will say Italy so no problem for parts.  If Japan they are a lot harder to get.  If it is Italian don't waste money on the original heavy leaf springs.  Buy aftermarket springs.

Thanks for your sage advice. I may be out of luck however as this particular rifle probably is more than 20-25 years old. Pioneer Gun Works informs me that the lever springs that originally came with it are longer than any replacements I can buy today. However I will continue to look for original suitable replacements. Thanks Skid. 

Should not be hard to get a good gunsmith to cut a piece of piano-spring-wire that would fit in the pad of a Whisper Spring or Slix Spring that would fit the older 73 gun.  You would have a nice light spring that would not tear up the lever boss in the future like a heavy leaf spring (which Uberti used) would do.

Check with TL (up by you now) or Jim Bowie.  

good luck, GJ

The older 73's from Navy Arms were made by a different maker. I think it was Armi San Paulo? Anyway, they are about 7/8 as large as the Uberti. I had one that Cody had worked his magic on.

29 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I think it was Armi San Paulo?

Yep, ASP also known as Euroarms.  Been out of business a long time and there are no parts.

Archived