SASS Wire Forum

A Touch Warm Here

Subdeacon Joe

Our humidity shows 11% and 108 at 6pm. It has been doen to 6-7% some days. I was outside today with ribs and chicken in the smoker. Sitting in the shade with a fan on. I got in the outdoor shower to cool down several times while tending the smoker and reading.

Joe, I ain't overly impressed.  This afternoon, about 1730, in the shade on my screened-in front porch.  :(

Tomorrow's forecast is for somewhat warmer.  :blink:

image.thumb.png.9d7a3cb3603b1e459fd4d558de0237f8.png

Only 94 here, I’m  hoping that tropical storm pushes some moisture up this way. 94 in September is rare.

9 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Joe, I ain't overly impressed.  This afternoon, about 1730, in the shade on my screened-in front porch.  :(

Tomorrow's forecast is for somewhat warmer.  :blink:

image.thumb.png.9d7a3cb3603b1e459fd4d558de0237f8.png

About the same as my brother in Fresno.  But you expect the Central Valley to be darned hot during the summer.  We're a bit closer to the coast so have some moderating influence from the ocean.  We usually get two or three heat waves of almost a week over 100.  

Last time I drove through Fresno and stopped for lunch I wondered if I should have a fire suitor just strip down to my tidy whiteys. :unsure:

I've been here in Clovis Ca all day today, working outside under a shade tree on equipment repairs.  I measured 107F as the maximum at 17:40.  It was not all that unpleasant, as long as I stayed hydrated. 

Its pleasant outside right now at 20:10. --mid 90s

I would guess.  

"Don't move to Arizona, Tom" they told me.  "You'll die out there", they said.  "It's the hottest place on earth", I heard.

THIS AIN'T THE PHOENIX AREA which is probably the overall hottest area in the country, which is one reason why I may never go down there again, ever.

Got clear up to 91 today and we've only broken 100 maybe five times all summer.....and we've had a whole mess of rain this year.  :D

15 Celsius or about 59 F and cloudy here in Ottawa, Ontario.

Just the way I like it!

Today was not fun.

This was on my shaded, screened-in front porch at 1730.  

Nope.  'Twarn't fun at all.  :(   

image.png.3bf3ac08b135d2289724c720edf6bc07.png

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Today was not fun.

Only hit 115 here.  Today is supposed to be "much cooler" according to Weather Underground.  Only 98.  Then 103, 95, and Saturday cooling to 79.

4 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

The way you're carrying on you'd think it was 120 degrees.

Can't be more than 114.

(somebody had to say it)

Duuuude....  Look again~!  :lol:

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Today was not fun.

Just use a permanent marker and add some more numbers! No need to buy another one.:P

17 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Just use a permanent marker and add some more numbers! No need to buy another one.:P

But... but... but....

But I don't wanna see no bigger numbers!!  :(   Hot emoji · Issue #217 · Crissov/unicode-proposals · GitHub

On 9/5/2022 at 4:55 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:
109.8 °
Feels Like 108.4 °
img
SW
img
WIND & GUST
0.0  / 1.0 mph

My brother near Clovis CA is experiencing 
117 °F
LIKE 119°

I live in Clovis, and it is HOT! We have the thermostate set for 78, as normal for us. Been here for over 70 yrs, and I can't remember it ever being this hot for such a long time. 

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

But... but... but....

But I don't wanna see no bigger numbers!!  :(   Hot emoji · Issue #217 · Crissov/unicode-proposals · GitHub

For here I use an 18 point Georgia font when posting from my desk top.  Big enough for anyone to read.  I CAN do it with my phone, but half the time when I rotate back to vertical the phone reverts to the default.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

For here I use an 18 point Georgia font when posting from my desk top.  Big enough for anyone to read.  I CAN do it with my phone, but half the time when I rotate back to vertical the phone reverts to the default.

Me too.  But I meant I don' wanna see no bigger numbers on my thermo-meter~!  image.jpeg.f040e89de0b461a5f66130925563fa5b.jpeg

That sucka topped out at a hunnert 'n' twenty-two freakin' degrees~!!  image.png.94fb34c159892d8ddc5df9409899c59c.png

38 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I am here in Bridgeport, Ca.  Lightning, thunder, heavy rain and 83deg.

I yam soooo jealous...!   :lol:

51 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I am here in Bridgeport, Ca.  Lightning, thunder, heavy rain and 83deg.

What is "heavy rain?"  GAWD I wish we had some.

On the subject of rain - two days ago, Santa Clarita.  110 degrees, thunderstorm, heavy rain, and hail.

https://abc7.com/southern-california-weather-heat-wave-thunderstorms-hail/12198480/

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

What is "heavy rain?"  GAWD I wish we had some.

It started like this

20220907_163159.thumb.jpg.edd6027efb634fa3a8df5ba6179d2689.jpgthen it became heavy -- Half a drinking glass in a half hour.  And its still going 2-1/2 hrs later!

20220907_191546.thumb.jpg.da6f312419691fa72311397f846b2ec7.jpg

It's calmed down now !

God's creation!

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I live in Clovis, and it is HOT! We have the thermostate set for 78, as normal for us. Been here for over 70 yrs, and I can't remember it ever being this hot for such a long time. 

I grew up in the town of Friant, in the shadow of Friant Dam,  just 20 mi. north of Clovis. 

I worked outside in the sun most all summer (and my skin today plainly shows it).

I recall a number of days when the State operated temperature measurement station at the State Fish Hatchery where I worked and lived exceeded 116 F.  But those days were not very  common-- maybe a couple 117F days over 3 or 4 years.

Archived