SASS Wire Forum

What to ask for an IAC 1887 Lever SG

Von Dutch, SASS # 7995

8 hours ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

Going to sell an IAC 1887 lever 12 GA shotgun never used in a match all stock very nice trigger from the factory 5 lbs pull zero creep, two boxes fired without issues no wood dings. Don't know what to ask for it? Thanks V.D.

$895

I sold one this past Saturday for $722.17 - exactly what I had into it. An 06 prefix, I bought it in 2011 for $400, sent it off to Coyote Cap for his drop two conversion, then off to Lassiter to fix another problem CC was supposed to fix. I've realized I would never use it often enough to become even semi-proficient with it, and another shooter, who uses an '87 exclusively, said, "If you ever want to sell that, let me know, I need a backup". I whipped out my phone, brought up my database, and said, "With the initial purchase price, mods, repairs, and shipping, I'm into it $722.17, so how about $722.17"? ;)

16 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I sold one this past Saturday for $722.17 - exactly what I had into it. An 06 prefix, I bought it in 2011 for $400, sent it off to Coyote Cap for his drop two conversion, then off to Lassiter to fix another problem CC was supposed to fix. I've realized I would never use it often enough to become even semi-proficient with it, and another shooter, who uses an '87 exclusively, said, "If you ever want to sell that, let me know, I need a backup". I whipped out my phone, brought up my database, and said, "With the initial purchase price, mods, repairs, and shipping, I'm into it $722.17, so how about $722.17"? ;)

My 87 is a 06 prefix too, I bought it about the same time you bought yours, I think I paid about the same as you did?  I have a person interested in it and I didn't know what to ask for it, V.D.

I bought a very slightly used Coyote Cap 1887 this year for $800, right inline with Three Foot Johnson's price. I can't prove it, I believe Lassiter worked on it as well, due to a triangle weld he's known to do. I'd say it depends on whats been done to the gun. John Barleycorn  probably has the best knowledge of the market at $895.

If it's going to a cowboy friend and it needs the drop two modification and other special touches, you might want to consider less if you're still coming out ahead in the end.

If that work has been done, I'd say $750-1,100. 

Tully

Archived