SASS Wire Forum

Early Christmas Wish List

My early Christmas wish list is...

A clone lightning pump rifle in .38 wcf. 

A clone model 1892 in .44 wcf, and also in .38 wcf. Looks like the only caliber they presently come in, is .45 Colt. 

An Uberti or Pedersoli model 1886 rifle, in .45-70 Government, with a straight stock. I think the only one Uberti or Pedersoli offers now is with the pistol grip stock.

Yes, I know, Chiappa makes one, with a straight stock, I had one (but sold it) but Uberti, and Pedersoli are higher quality. Sorry...no brag, just fact. 

Short wish list, this year. That is directly related to the slow recovery, from the china virus, by our Italian friends.  

I'm looking at a Savage 99 9n 30 Savage that I'm going to ask Santa for.  It is in really good shape and  a decent caliber and come with a leather saddle scabbard and 300 rounds of factory ammo.....and I've never owned one.  Hell, I've never ever fired one, but my bucket list is getting closer to empty.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm looking at a Savage 99 9n 30 Savage that I'm going to ask Santa for.  It is in really good shape and  a decent caliber and come with a leather saddle scabbard and 300 rounds of factory ammo.....and I've never owned one.  Hell, I've never ever fired one, but my bucket list is getting closer to empty.

I saw a nice looking Savage 99 in .303 Savage at Bass Pro today for $899 in their used gun section. 

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

My early Christmas wish list is...

A clone lightning pump rifle in .38 wcf. 

A clone model 1892 in .44 wcf, and also in .38 wcf. Looks like the only caliber they presently come in, is .45 Colt. 

An Uberti or Pedersoli model 1886 rifle, in .45-70 Government, with a straight stock. I think the only one Uberti or Pedersoli offers now is with the pistol grip stock.

Yes, I know, Chiappa makes one, with a straight stock, I had one (but sold it) but Uberti, and Pedersoli are higher quality. Sorry...no brag, just fact. 

Short wish list, this year. That is directly related to the slow recovery, from the china virus, by our Italian friends.  

I built my own Pedersoli Lightning in .38 WCF because I knew Santa would never come through.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I saw a nice looking Savage 99 in .303 Savage at Bass Pro today for $899 in their used gun section. 

Now you're just being cruel.  :(

I'll keep on looking now that I know there are still some out there.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now you're just being cruel.  :(

I'll keep on looking now that I know there are still some out there.  ;)

Well, you could call the Bass Pro in Morgantown WV and see if they might ship it to BPS in Mesa, AZ. Cabela’s used to have a deal where they would ship guns between Gun Libraries. I bought a couple of guns that way. Maybe BPS learned something from Cabela’s in that regard. 

Well....I'm not crazy about a .303, and I could have it shipped to David Fink.  He'd the gunsmith at Gunsight Academy in Paulden and has been my 'smith since we moved herea dn five years before he moved yo Paulden.  The last time I got a gun (a new Uberti "Outlaw" via Cimarron) .45 sent to me through him he called to tell me it was here and I had it in my hands in 50 minutes.  Took it back a week later had had him remove the CCH from it except for the loading gate and hammer.  Now it looks like the several hundred originals that I've seen over the years.

I'll see if he has a 99 on his list before I  go much further, but thanks.

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Took it back a week later had had him remove the CCH from it except for the loading gate and hammer.  Now it looks like the several hundred originals that I've seen over the years.

What is CCH?

Color Case Hardening, I believe.

26 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What is CCH?

See above!

Well, that got put on hold.  Like I mentioned in another post I like Ithaca 37 shotguns.  Been without one for some time but always have an eye out.Walked into a local gun shop today with a friend who was looking for .22 mag ammo (found two boxes) and there was a beautiful 37 from about 1965 judging form the serial number.  I'll have to check that out for sure.  I didn't have enough cash on me but they have a layaway program...something I haven'y seen in years...and I'll go back and pick it up on the third Thursday this month when my check comes in.

Thank you Santa.

Archived