SASS Wire Forum

BAG MAN ??

Colorado Coffinmaker

In my sordid past, there were any number of purveyors of "Bags."  Specifically, perfectly sized cloth bags for Fired Cartridges, to hand onna Gun Kart.  Now, I'm drawing a blank, unless I want Tactical Bags for Black Rifle magazines.  

Anybody have a source??

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

In my sordid past, there were any number of purveyors of "Bags."  Specifically, perfectly sized cloth bags for Fired Cartridges, to hand onna Gun Kart.  Now, I'm drawing a blank, unless I want Tactical Bags for Black Rifle magazines.  

Anybody have a source??

I have a couple of blue Seagrams Supreme bags that was given to me for that purpose that I have never used.  If that will fill your bill I will give them to you.

I could be incorrect; they might be Crown Royal bags.  Since I have never been exposed to alcohol, I don't know one from the other.

Frontier Lone Rider

36 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Anybody have a source??

I strongly recommend Prickly Pear Peggy out of the Tejas Cabelleros.

pjhuddleston@att.net

Crown Royal bags. Lots of 'em.

Trumpet players keep mutes in them. Canadians sell liquor in them. Cowboys, well, they drink the liquor then keep brass in them.

:D

We gave these out at Winter Range a few years ago.  Maybe you can send a note to one of the current members of the board (now on the EOT website) and see if anyone remembers who made them.  What was nice is that they were heavy canvas and had a mesh bottom for the dirt and gravel to fall through.

DSC_0002.thumb.jpeg.48758fdd86eb25532b753a3a6064ff14.jpeg

955882026_DSC_0003(1).thumb.jpeg.bd021d41d20957cf67498f364f5efb33.jpeg

When bars buy Crown Royal they do not want the hassle of the bags. Plus in Texas at least, you have to remove the bag to put the TABC sticker on the bottle. We had 6 wholesale locations and the guys would throw the bags in boxes, giving them to whomever wanted them. I gave away 1000's over a 8 to 10 year period. Just take them to shoots and disperse them. I quit when I got word that some had begun to sell them. 

Anyway, you might check liquor wholesalers, the ones that sell to bars and restaurants. May be a little harder for you I guess. I was in Pennsylvania in around 1977. I recall they were State Stores, don't know how the bars were serviced.

I’m not sure if she is on the wire but Lady Pearl Sews sells bags as well as gun covers and other things. She is on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1425451404462625?group_view_referrer=search

Randy

I have one of the Winter Range bags pictured by Pettifogger and it is perfect.  I also have canvas bags given away at matches.  If I lacked these I would just install a grommet on a lead shot bag and use that.  I've used small bags from pinto beans but the burlap is not durable.

I use the cloth bags that lead shot comes in.

Now that components are difficult to come by, it may be difficult to find shot, but I have been using empty shot bags for years.

9 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

I strongly recommend Prickly Pear Peggy out of the Tejas Cabelleros.

pjhuddleston@att.net

She will also customize them to whatever size you want, the material/fabric you want, how you want it attached to your gun cart (for the larger bags), and/or the text/design you want on the bag.

Personally, I just went with a few small blue denim bags for the stages, a large one for my gun cart. Each with my alias stitched on it for those naughty hombres that might want to walk off with it.

PLUS ONE for Barleycorn and howdy.

I also tried one of those swell small Camping Stuff Bags.  Bright Orange.  Perfect.  Until I picked it up at the Unloading Table.  All my BP Rifle brass had melted thru the bottom.  Hilarious.

Thanks ALL.  I can shop around some new places.

I use "Boomer Bags" my father in-law, Boomer Zak, made and sold them at cowboy matches for 25 years in PA, NY, NJ and MD. Canvas bag, about 7x10 with leather draw sting closure.  Still have some left and have the pattern to make more someday.  Maybe you had one of his.

Archived