SASS Wire Forum

I wonder what will happen

Alpo

The doctor put me on this pill. One in the morning, one at night. 3 month supply - 180 pills.

Common side effects included diarrhea and bleeding.

The pharmacist suggested that for the first week I only take one pill a day, to get my system used to it.

For the first week there was no problem. Then I started taking two pills a day. On the third day of two pills a day I had started having the side effects.

I went back to one pill a day.

I told the doctor this, and he said that he had no problem with me doing one pill a day.

The point of all that is that I have a prescription bottle that says 180 pills on it. Walmart pharmacy does not seem to charge by the pill, but charges by the day. So much for a one month supply, and so much more for a 3-month supply. But since I now take these pills once a day instead of twice a day, that 3 months supply of 180 pills is actually a 6 month supply.

I've got five pills left. I need to go get it refilled. And I'm sitting here idly wondering if they're going to put 180 pills in there, like it says on the label, or if they're going to get in touch with the doctor to find out if it's still 180, and they'll only put 90 in it? And if they do put 180 in it, or they only going to charge me 10 bucks (for 3 months supply) even though it's a 6-month supply?

They should fill it as per the prescription. I have trouble with Walgreens cutting my 3 month prescriptions and just giving me 30 day refill. I have to get on too them about it regularly. If they don't start filling as per prescription I'm going to start filing complaints online and possible move to a different Pharmacy. I personally think they do this to in their mind ensure they have pills for more people. 

The pharmacy in the nearby small town closed and had transferred prescriptions to Walgreens.  Went there once.  Slow service, long lines and absolutely shockingly high prices.  I take several inexpensive generic pills, the price for one was darn near what I had been paying for all.  Transferred prescriptions to Costco.  Great service and prices.  Not a recommendation for that store, but a suggestion to price shop your prescriptions.

2 hours ago, Slapshot said:

They should fill it as per the prescription. I have trouble with Walgreens cutting my 3 month prescriptions and just giving me 30 day refill. I have to get on too them about it regularly. If they don't start filling as per prescription I'm going to start filing complaints online and possible move to a different Pharmacy. I personally think they do this to in their mind ensure they have pills for more people. 

Don't know what you are taking and it is none of my business.

However it could be because it is not a common prescription, it is something that can be sold on the street for money or they are just trying to get you in the store more often in the hopes you get something in addition to your prescription.

I will also point out that a number of major pharmacies lost a massive lawsuit (billions?) in a civil suit blaming them for opioid abuse.  The judgement will almost certainly be overturned, but expect the companies to take actions in an attempt to mitigate their legal risks regarding certain drugs.

Nothing serious and is actually a common one. But the problem is they used to fill 90 day on this medicine all the time, insurance has approved it they are just being pains in the butts. This started around covid time. So feel like its they don't won't to give out that much incase they get low. Thats not my problem and they should fill according to what the doctor prescribes.

All you "survivalists" who have ammo, food (MRE's?), cold weather gear, hot weather provisions, etc., etc., have you ever thought how long you'd last if the pharmacies shut down, or the drug companies quit manufacturing? :o Thirty, sixty or ninety days or less, depending on where we are in our renewal cycle! :(

5 hours ago, Slapshot said:

I have the same issues with Walgreens.  They seem to just like to complexify everything and to second-guess doctors.  

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

All you "survivalists" who have ammo, food (MRE's?), cold weather gear, hot weather provisions, etc., etc., have you ever thought how long you'd last if the pharmacies shut down, or the drug companies quit manufacturing? :o Thirty, sixty or ninety days or less, depending on where we are in our renewal cycle! :(

Keep in mind that over 95% of our pharmaceuticals are made overseas.  The scenario you described is really quite plausible. 

It's all supposed to be WHAT the Dr. prescribes ----number of doses---generic or name brand------found out last year that--in a lot of ones I get a 90 day supply cost me what 2 0f the 30 day scrips cost------sheesish thats a 30 day supply free----$10 for 30----$20 for 90---------had every doc I see to change to 90 day scripts!!!! whoopie!!!

Archived