SASS Wire Forum

Question re sale

I have a someone interested in a gun I'm selling.

He wants me to send a copy of my DL first.

Done more than a cpl sales and Never had anyone want

a copy of my DL in advance??  What do you think?

23 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

I have bought several items on SWC, but I did request a DL once when I felt something was fishy about the poster. I would only send a check to the name and address on the DL. I told the individual that they could black out all additional information. They didn't do it and I bought a different gun instead.  Always check ID at F2F transactions, don't see it being significantly different for online sales.

I got the idea from a SWC post about the scammers that were on the list at the time.

I wouldn't worry, he 8s just protecting himself before he send you money. I was just cheated out of $350 on a car part and I don't have a clue how to track him down. In the dishonest times we live in its good protection.

Good luck

There are plenty of scammers or dishonest people to go around..I do not know if this pertains to the topic..but I belong to another forum were hackers were getting into older accounts  and put up classified ads of items they do not have in their possession ..so we started to have the person selling the item put his alias and the date on a piece of paper in with the picture he is trying to sell,  to help control this epidemic...it helps on dealing with folks you do not know..hope this might be helpful..

22 minutes ago, Joekido SASS #27180 said:

There are plenty of scammers or dishonest people to go around..I do not know if this pertains to the topic..but I belong to another forum were hackers were getting into older accounts  and put up classified ads of items they do not have in their possession ..so we started to have the person selling the item put his alias and the date on a piece of paper in with the picture he is trying to sell,  to help control this epidemic...it helps on dealing with folks you do not know..hope this might be helpful..

Sort of like having the kidnap victim hold up today's newspaper.

I think they are trying to make sure you are who you say you are. 

Sometimes a phone call is in order as well. It might help answer your question quick when you hear the voice on the other end!! Due diligence on both parties end is absolutely a must in the times we live. If uneasy at all, just walk away.

14 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

I have a someone interested in a gun I'm selling.

Done more than a cpl sales and Never had anyone want

a copy of my DL in advance??  What do you think?

Just offer to send to their FFL It might be legit and him just wanting to know who he is sending money to.

TM

Archived