SASS Wire Forum

A very nice day

Utah Bob #35998

Clear skies and a gentle breeze. I decided to have lunch on the rocks. A little cheese, summer sausage, crackers, sweet tea and a good view. Is this glamping? :D

D1F732BB-8075-4D07-A29D-F042A548F59E.jpeg

13CE41B6-6855-4951-831A-8E134C45F9AA.jpeg

12E56DC8-22F5-46CF-A997-14D1984047B8.jpeg

82A68AF0-A42A-4889-B78C-5F35F322C62B.jpeg

720937B3-DCCB-4F0B-8535-01F3276CD1ED.jpeg

0DDE8D25-A0E2-4C31-A4CE-5763EE7C3901.jpeg

Please tell me you killed a rock or two with that Mk IV while you were out…

One does not “glamp” in scenery like that.  One simply inhales the peace and beauty into one’s soul.

Yeah, I’m envious.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I like the grips on the 1911.

Mastodon 

15 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Its pretty nice here too today, only 103.  

What's that 8- string you're picking?

And I really do like what appear to be fossil pistol grips -- beatuiful!

Just a cheap Rogue. The grips are in fact fossil mastodon. Made by Eli Polite. The blue  color is from a chemical

reaction during fossilization depending on the type of soil. I had to have em when I saw a pic. California has declared them illegal now!

9 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Just a cheap Rogue. The grips are in fact fossil mastodon. Made by Eli Polite. The blue  color is from a chemical

reaction during fossilization depending on the type of soil. I had to have em when I saw a pic. California has declared them illegal now!

Well, we would not want to encourage those Mastodon poachers, would we? :blink:

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, we would not want to encourage those Mastodon poachers, would we? :blink:

LL

Idiotic as it seems, CA and a few other states decided that extinct mastodons are endangered species. ;) 

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I would take my chances with the law to own a set.  I doubt the Mastodons will care very much. 

The alternative is to just allow that beautiful material to slowly weather away to minerals in nature.  Fossils have little value except for human appreciation. 

What goes through peoples' heads these days? 

--- Never mind -- I think I know. 

The grips are still elegant, despite what the eco-groupies think.  Enjoy 'em for me.

13 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I would take my chances with the law to own a set.  I doubt the Mastodons will care very much. 

The alternative is to just allow that beautiful material to slowly weather away to minerals in nature.  Fossils have little value except for human appreciation. 

What goes through peoples' heads these days? 

--- Never mind -- I think I know. 

The grips are still elegant, despite what the eco-groupies think.  Enjoy 'em for me.

From what I could find out, the reasoning behind the prohibition is to prevent Ivory poachers from selling fresh ivory as unregulated ancient ivory. I don’t know if they actually do that or not. :wacko:

None of these regulations seem to have made a dent in the poaching trade.

Enjoy that fine day!
Here in the PRK, it is 114 degrees and we are preparing for rolling blackouts.
I received my 3rd notification from the power utility, but still no mention of "don't charge your electric car."

Archived