SASS Wire Forum

Game cam pic

Alpo

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Could be a hog.

JHC

If you mean “the elk” I was thinking the hair and texture doesn’t look like an elk to me. I would agree it might be a hog. 
I don’t see a cougar. 

It took me a very long time, and I only think I found the cougar.

The man that posted the picture on the board that I stole it from said that he saw the entire series of pictures from the game cam, so he saw pictures of the head of the hairy beast in the foreground, and it is an elk.

Since they have no elk in Florida, I've never seen an elk - alive or dead - and couldn't tell you if elk coats look like that or not.

The elk hide is wet and it makes the hair look courser. When I saw the first picture, I too thought it was a pig, but the body shape is not right for one.

9 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I found the cougar, even on my phone. Bless my heart!

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I'm tickled pink I found the cougar! 

Did y'all find it in the first picture or the third picture? Cuz it's real easy to find in the third picture. :P

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Did y'all find it in the first picture or the third picture? Cuz it's real easy to find in the third picture. :P

I found it in the first picture before I knew the others were there. It took a few to find it again! Blends in really well.

2 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It took a few to find it again! Blends in really well.

I looked for it for about 20 minutes. I found three possibles. Then I gave up. Came back to it about 10-12 hours later. Jumped right out and hit me. And it wasn't none of my three possibles.:D

Must have been a young elk not to wind the cougar.

Has the fellow posted any shots of a kill site?

17 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Either you're on a different picture, or you found a second cat, cuz that ain't it.

Looks like a different picture. I don't see that dead branch in your pix. They sure do camp in.

I still can’t find the cougar in the first one. 

Yesrs ago I encountered a Cougar, Mountain Lion ;), while hunting. It was 20-25 feet from me behind a bush. Had it not blinked I wouldn’t have seen it. They blend in real well. 

Oh, and I got away without incident so the cat didn’t kill and eat me. I am still alive to this day. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I still can’t find the cougar in the first one. 

Yesrs ago I encountered a Cougar, Mountain Lion ;), while hunting. It was 20-25 feet from me behind a bush. Had it not blinked I wouldn’t have seen it. They blend in real well. 

Oh, and I got away without incident so the cat didn’t kill and eat me. I am still alive to this day. :lol:

PM sent

23 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

If there really is a cougar in that first picture, and ya'll ain't messing with me, I don't see it.

Angus

There is one, but not much is visible.  

I posted this picture about 1:30 this morning. So sometime tomorrow morning I'll repost it showing where the cougar's at, and y'all can see if you really saw it.

big thanks to Eyesa Horg for giving me direction on finding the cat

I really thought this was like a snipe hunt but for the Doubting Thomases, it really is there

blew the picture up as large as I could to see it

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did you find the three Finnish snipers?

No. Neither did the Russians! 

5 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

If there really is a cougar in that first picture, and ya'll ain't messing with me, I don't see it.

Angus

It’s there. 

Yep. Cat is there. Once you see it, it is plain as day. Problem is seeing it the first time. 

Sam Sackett 

Archived