SASS Wire Forum

Gonna travel to Wartrace, Saturday

Widder, SASS #59054

Its been over 2 years since I've felt like traveling long distances and I think I've finally got some energy to

get back on the road again.

Wartrace is a 3 hr, 20 min. drive from my house.... but well worth the trip to visit the Regulators.

Problem is, I don't know if I'm bringing the Whoopin or just be a Whoopee.

Maybe some of them HotShots will feel sorry for me and not whoop up on me to bad.

PLUS.... I think I'll let ole TN Williams buy me a nice meal at either the Bell Buckle or Millers.

If ya ain't doin nothing Saturday, come to Wartrace and jump in on the fray.

..........Widder

Dang!! TW buying and I can't come over. My better half finally had her surgery so I'm homebound. I've been wanting to get back over there and shoot a clean match. :D I only missed once with the rifle at the State shoot cause they run outta regular size rifle targets and put up a tiny one on my last stage. :o. I did miss a few with my left pistola too though. Have fun Widder.

Tyrel and Diamond Jake and Deadwood Miner,

You fellers can help me Tar and Feather that 'Chicken Footed Gypsie"  (TN Williams) and put a curse on his hide.

He'll probably be wearing his World Champ Duelist buckle, all shined up and sparkling in the sun..... :D

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

Look forward to seeing you. I'm sure TW will buy your lunch :)

Dang. Widder doesn't eat as much as me but he has high fallutin' taste buds. He orders by price and starts at the top. 

No joke, I took him, Slater, Red Knee and Christian Hammer out for supper one year after TN State. Red Knee and Slater got a burger and Christian may have gotten chicken or something. Widder says, "I'll have the 62.50." The server said it was on sale for 55 dollars but Widder wouldn't have none of that. He said, "give me the one what's not on sale. And pie. I gotta have pie too".

You just can't take some folks anywhere.

ol Tennessee is a nice guy every year at Tenneesse state he hands out a bottle on Friday night seems to make sure everyone in his category throws the lid in the trash as soon as they get it ????? I recon he don't want any litter ... such a nice feller ha ha ha

8 minutes ago, Burn Through said:

well I wish I could make it since ol Tennessee is buying grub .. I wanted for him to leave a big ol Tennessee TIP for our waitress also , So make sure he does Widder 

Will do.   I remember his taking us fellers out to supper that year at the TN State.  And, yes..... I got what I wanted plus desert.

If TN is buying......... I'm eating what I want.   If he's gonna whoop up on me Saturday, I figure he needs to pay for it somehow... :lol:

..........Widder

WELLLLLL, I ain’t shootin’ yet, but I gotta’ deliver a shotgun down there on Saturday morning.  

It’ll be good ta’ see ol’ Widder and TW and some of them other folks.  

The foot’s almost healed up and I’m itchin’ ta’  get back to shootin’, but I ‘spect I’ll settle for some socializin’ for now.

1 hour ago, Burn Through said:

Blackwater have fun down there  they are a great bunch for sure

Thanks!  I know that place well!  It’s my original home club and for a time, I was a member of the board of directors there.

Love the place!!

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If TN is buying......... I'm eating what I want.   If he's gonna whoop up on me Saturday, I figure he needs to pay for it somehow... :lol:

..........Widder

I agree, that's the way to do it! Lot of folks won't get what they want when they know someone else is buying. I actually feel better knowing someone gets what they want and plenty of it when I'm buying. If I didn't have the money, I wouldn't be buying! 

Of course, SOME people you just don't tell you're buying until after they order!:P

Come Saturday, I'll be trying not to whoop up on myowndangself...

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

I agree, that's the way to do it! Lot of folks won't get what they want when they know someone else is buying. I actually feel better knowing someone gets what they want and plenty of it when I'm buying. If I didn't have the money, I wouldn't be buying! 

Of course, SOME people you just don't tell you're buying until after they order!:P

Waterloo, Waterloo....... when will you meet your Waterloo?

..........Widder

19 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

On 8/31/2022 at 1:10 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Its been over 2 years since I've felt like traveling long distances and I think I've finally got some energy to

get back on the road again.

Wartrace is a 3 hr, 20 min. drive from my house.... but well worth the trip to visit the Regulators.

Problem is, I don't know if I'm bringing the Whoopin or just be a Whoopee.

Maybe some of them HotShots will feel sorry for me and not whoop up on me to bad.

PLUS.... I think I'll let ole TN Williams buy me a nice meal at either the Bell Buckle or Millers.

If ya ain't doin nothing Saturday, come to Wartrace and jump in on the fray.

..........Widder

Widder, ole Tennessee took me out to lunch today and even bought me desert too! I’ll remember that Saturday when he puts a whoppin’ on me and I won’t feel nearly as bad.:lol: I told Tennessee for several years that he should be beating me every match and he finally listened!:rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Randy 

Howdy Randy.

I look forward to shooting with you and the other Regulators again.

I don't know if its a good thing or not, but I will be using a '97 that Red Knee helped me get together.

I guess I could call her the 'Red Enchantress'.   And if Red Knee reads this post, he'll confirm it.

He knows about '97's.

..........Widder

On 8/31/2022 at 7:42 PM, Mister Badly said:

I just have beer for lunch. A lot of it.;)

You need to mosey down to SWFL.

Some of us have been known to drink beer after the guns are put away.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I don't know if its a good thing or not, but I will be using a '97 that Red Knee helped me get together.

Like you helped him with your "special lube"?

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I guess I could call her the 'Red Enchantress'.   And if Red Knee reads this post, he'll confirm it.

He knows about '97's.

..........Widder

Or you could call her:

"Ann Excuse"

"NotWidder's Enchantress"

"Ole Chanty"

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

You need to mosey down to SWFL.

Some of us have been known to drink beer after the guns are put away.

I might just do that. I spent a little time building sailboats in Tampa quite a few years ago and visited Bradenton Motorsports Park which isn't too far from your range. 

5 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I might just do that. I spent a little time building sailboats in Tampa quite a few years ago and visited Bradenton Motorsports Park which isn't too far from your range. 

We would love to have you.

Our 2 day annual is in January.

Watch the Wire for details.

On 9/1/2022 at 2:11 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Waterloo, Waterloo....... when will you meet your Waterloo?

..........Widder

Widder the only time  I've ever heard of ole TW meeting his Waterloo wuz when he was touring the KFC poultry processing plant.  It wuz the onlyst time ole TW saw chicken foot removin' faster than he could do it.:lol:

Kajun

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Krazy,

What were YOU doing in that Chicken house?

..........Widder

Just following you.

Kajun

Hey Krazy,

How bout packing up them 6 shooters and come shoot some GF with me tomorrow.

Matter of fact, we'll both try to derail TW in his quest for another big win.

............Widder

Gauntlets bein thrown all over the Wartrace Range. This has the makins of an epic shootout. If you're there tomorrow, you'll be able to tell yer grand kids bout the Shootout at Wartrace when TW / Widder....

Hey Ranger Dan,

TW and I were talking on the phone yesterday and he was telling me that he "HOPED" I didn't whoop him too bad.

I told him that I been practicing a little and based on my practice, I ain't got no right to trash talk about beating anybody yet.

Heck, I'm basically going because its the first time in over 2 years that I actually feel like traveling to a distant match.

My energy is slowly coming back and I just wanted to get in some more shooting before the colder weather puts me back

into hibernation.   Plus, because I ain't been shooting all that well lately, it will be another effort for me to get in more 'trigger

time' and hopefully get me out of a rut.

BUT..... the real reason I'm going tomorrow is my FREE meal from TN.   :lol:

..........Widder

Archived