SASS Wire Forum

Holster lubricant

Roy Sackett

I used holster lube on my cowboy holsters once. Only once. It ain't no fun taking off on a stage and running out from under your revolver.

If you're still interested, it's called holster eze or something like that. 5 bucks a bottle or so.

I had some caulking tubes of Silicone set so I cut open the tubes & cut 2 to 3" lengths & shove them down in my holsters when not in use.

Works for me.

Largo

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet.  Years ago I heard about using talcum powder in the holster if it is sticky.  I have done it a few times and it did seem to help.  I don't know if it would cause any problems with the gun's finish or not - I haven't noticed any problem but haven't done it much.

You might try just storing your pistols tightly pushed into the holsters for a time; especially a day or two before matches. 

I doubt folks stored their pistols out of leather very often in the "Old West" (however you define it). 

Archived