SASS Wire Forum

Broke my SKB

Boomstick Bruce

Like my old man used to say, "boy, you could **** up an anvil". This past Saturday while shooting a stage at WVCASS, I broke my SKB 100. During a stage, it wouldn't open all the way to dump the shells. After quite a bit of time trying to force it all the open, it finally opened enough to dump and reload. I fired it and then it wouldn't dump those shells either, same problem. I got to the ULT and found a broken half circular piece of what looks like a washer that was under the screw for the lug. Apparently this piece had broken in half and half of it was wedged between the forearm and frame of the shotgun not allowing it to open, the other half was still in the cavity around the screw. I removed that piece and the shotgun seems to work fine again but now the lug will slide back and forth about 1/8 of an inch with the barrel off. I shot two stages after that with no trouble. So just a minute ago I went on Numrichs looking for that washer piece and cant find it in their schematics. It l goes between the screw (#37) and the lug (#36).  Any of you SKB experts know what this is and where to get one? Or do I even need it since the gun fires and extracts fine the way it is?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/ithacaskb/shotguns-ithaca/100-3

#36 & #37 are the extractor kicker Lug and the screw that holds it in place.... There is no part that goes in between them.

The lug should look like the one in the pic....

If that is whats broken then you should be able to get a new one from SKB.... here https://www.skbshotguns.com/parts-tools/japan/side-x-side/12-ga-parts

605302_01.jpg

1 hour ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

#36 & #37 are the extractor kicker Lug and the screw that holds it in place.... There is no part that goes in between them.

The lug should look like the one in the pic....

If that is whats broken then you should be able to get a new one from SKB.... here https://www.skbshotguns.com/parts-tools/japan/side-x-side/12-ga-parts

605302_01.jpg

yup, thats it. there is currently a gap between the screw head and the sides of the kicker where half of this washer looking thing was and the kicker now moves in and out of the receiver but the screw is tight... ill have to get pics of it when i get home tonight...

11 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

yup, thats it. there is currently a gap between the screw head and the sides of the kicker where half of this washer looking thing was and the kicker now moves in and out of the receiver but the screw is tight... ill have to get pics of it when i get home tonight...

Is it possible the screw was replaced by one that was too long and shimmed with the washer? Maybe just need to replace the screw. Just a guess on my part!

1 hour ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

What the other guys said.....

The Kicker should be tight against the Receiver.... sounds like the screw got loose and buggered up is why it wont turn.

You need to get the old screw out, clean up the threads in the receiver & install a new screw properly torqued down.... hex screw is a good idea.

Should be good to go then.......

Archived