SASS Wire Forum

Land Run, Lost brass match?

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

I know in the past that Land Run was NOT a lost brass match. They frequently enlisted the help of a youth group to recover brass for each posse and then accept a free will offering from the shooters.

most shooters were generous as they were happy to get their brass back and not have to deal with picking brass.

Just curious if they will be time to pick up brass this year and if any local groups will be working in that role.

Thanks 

Hello Guys,

Land Run is not a lost branch match. We have not been able to find a local group, to pick up brass for tips, but we are still looking. As it stands now, we will need to assign brass pickers from posses. With 19 shooters per posse, we should have plenty of help.

Flat Top Okie

Personally, I like picking brass.  I know most folks don't but it gives me a chance to talk with and get to know everyone on the posse at the unloading table.  It's a low stress task, better than spotting for guys who can shoot faster than I can count, and there is very little competition for the job. :P

I usually ask to shoot at, or near, the end of the posse and it gives me a chance to get the stage down in my head while doing something useful, and no one complains about my BP smoke when I shoot last!

Can't wait, it will be a blast!

43 minutes ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Guys,

Land Run is not a lost branch match. We have not been able to find a local group, to pick up brass for tips, but we are still looking. As it stands now, we will need to assign brass pickers from posses. With 19 shooters per posse, we should have plenty of help.

Flat Top Okie

Great!!!!!  Now, why can't EOT out in Phoenix do this???  Cowboy is bad enough but a lost brass match shooting Wild Bunch really hurts!

51 minutes ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Guys,

Flat Top Okie

EGGGGGZACKLY!

Folks, believe it or not, you can have more than one brass picker while running a stage.

Phantom

I know that to put this match on there must be a long list of items that need attention. Land Run has been an exceptional short every year

just wanted to know and if I need to throw in my brass picking stuff for the long drive down

i always like it when there is a youth group picking brass for tips

Good PR for all and a way to support scouts/ a church mission or a 4H group

thanks for the quick reply Okie

5 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Guys,

Flat Top Okie

I think that works out better anyway.

My rifle is like a garden spreader. Every match is lost brass for me. I rarely get all back. 

12 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Guys,

Flat Top Okie

Flat Top..... I lost a branch at Land Run one year... It was off a Persimmon Tree and I'd carried it with me for years.........................

OH.... BRASS... Well Nevermind :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Guys,

Flat Top Okie

Check for a local Scout troop. They do a great job and have a ball. Many love to try a stage after the match. We typically tip them $10 per day. It makes for a great fund raiser for them every year. 

I pick brass at every match I go to and spot targets too if we're short on possee members.  I also am usually the last to shoot the stage.  Like said above it helps get the scenario down in my mind.

The range at Land Run is pretty easy to pick brass, so you won't lose much at all.

Wish I was still living there.:(

Archived